|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Looking to buy 2018 Ram rebates are horrible

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
DieselBurps

SLC

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First time new truck buyer, looking to purchase a leftover 2018 Ram 3500 regular cab; Cab and Chassis truck.

The rebates on these things are horrible right now. Does anyone familiar with the new truck buying experience know if this can change at all in the future? As time goes by as more 2019's show up on dealer lots is it possible Ram will offer some decent rebates?

The whole 'rebate' thing annoys the hell out of me. I get having credit to finance, and that is something one can change and improve. The rebate thing, I have no control over, there is nothing I can do personally to change that. Dealers won't even sell a truck for what they are advertised for on Autotrader unless you happen to be military who owns a business that just bought a New Holland tractor in the last 3 years, that turned in a recent leased vehicle, yadda yadda yadda. There are still 2017's on the lots they are trying to sell for **** near the same price as a 2019! and they won't budge on price on those either.

The 2018's I have put offers on have been sitting on the lot since last summer as evidenced by the pictures of the truck. I put an offer on a truck 2000 miles away that I was willing to fly out and buy the next day but the dealer laughed at me for such a low offer even though a listed truck at a different location was advertised for less than my starting offer.

Frustrating.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/19 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you tell him, "when you are finish laughing and want to sell it, call me"?

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weird....most be a sign of the times. Good economy = expensive vehicles.

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your in SLC pull up Mountain Home Auto Ranch. They move a lot of Rams, they have the State of Idaho bid for Rams. Not that, that fact helps you but they do have a lot of commercial type Rams. I pulled up their site they have several cab and chassis 2018 Rams both with gas and diesel. I don't have any personal experience buying from them. Mountain Home is East of Boise, not a bad drive for you.

2006 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How much is the rebate?

DieselBurps

SLC

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

If your in SLC pull up Mountain Home Auto Ranch. They move a lot of Rams, they have the State of Idaho bid for Rams. Not that, that fact helps you but they do have a lot of commercial type Rams. I pulled up their site they have several cab and chassis 2018 Rams both with gas and diesel. I don't have any personal experience buying from them. Mountain Home is East of Boise, not a bad drive for you.

Thanks. Ya I checked out Mountain Home Auto Ranch. I actually am from Idaho and will be registering the vehicle there, currently I am Colorado but I travel all over for work. I think I can find the truck I want and a decent price, and MHAR has some, but I am trying if all possible to avoid white. Which is what 99% of the trucks are.

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rebates on the Tradesman doesn't look near as good. I am seeing Big Horn models showing MSRP of 60K and selling price of 45K. A Tradesman with bed delete has MSRP of 52K and a listed sale price of 45K. This is at the dealer I listed above. With fewer option I assume it is harder to come down on price, simply isn't much to discount from, option wise.

DieselBurps

SLC

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

How much is the rebate?

For me, pretty much nothing.

I am thinking about waiting until the end of the month to see if they are willing to budge on pricing.

They have to make room for the 2019's they are already showing up every week at the dealer.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/19 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DieselBurps wrote:

Quote:

How much is the rebate?

For me, pretty much nothing.

I am thinking about waiting until the end of the month to see if they are willing to budge on pricing.

They have to make room for the 2019's they are already showing up every week at the dealer.

Keep in mind that rebates varies with model, Tradesman will have a smaller rebate than a Laramie or above.
Just how much are you looking for?

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never bought a truck based on 'available' rebate(s)

$0---$1000 who cares...it's all a numbers game they control

Bottom line.out the door price is ALL that concerns me. They can put any numbers in the 'boxes' to cover the accounting needs,,,,,,,as long as the out the door price is the one I have agreed to pay.

Last 2 new trucks I bought..I ordered via Internet Fleet and never dealt with a 'dealer' until day I went to pick them up
First was a 2001 F150 7700# and Second was 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW
Easy--peasy....no hassles, as ordered, price as agreed upon and no 'salesmen'

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Looking to buy 2018 Ram rebates are horrible
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS