|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Camper Cover

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
craigftlaud

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Recently purchased a new pop up truck camper. Living in south Florida with the extreme summer sun I am thinking a RV cover would protect the camper and truck. Problem is - it is suggested that 2 people is needed to put and take off the cover - I am a single person and need advise on how to do this by myself. Secondly - I cannot walk on the roof - manufacturer specifically says "Do Not Walk on Roof."

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/19 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Used to put mine on and off myself. No biggie. Cannot walk on my roof either, I too have a pop up (look in sig line) Keep mine in the garage now, why I bought the pop up.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/19 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get a Sunshield tarp a little larger than the roof area and let it drop down the sides. Hold it down with bottles of water or boat fenders.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Used to put mine on and off myself. No biggie. Cannot walk on my roof either, I too have a pop up (look in sig line) Keep mine in the garage now, why I bought the pop up.

How about giving the OP a series of steps that will help him out on putting the cover on? That is what he asked for and it sounds like you had the process figured out. [emoticon]
Barney

Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
2019 Ram Limited 1500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, SB
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

How about giving the OP a series of steps that will help him out on putting the cover on? That is what he asked for and it sounds like you had the process figured out. [emoticon]
Barney

Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.

Pretty easy really. 1. Lay the cover out on the ground next to the camper (opened up and unrolled.
2. Attach ropes to the grommets on the camper side and toss the ropes (I use cheap polypropolyene (yellow) rope) over the camper and truck. 3. Pull the cover with the ropes over the camper and truck and secure with the grommmets.

I always tied the cover down, never used trap straps or weighted bottles. It's important the cover is tight because a lose cover will allow the wind to billow it and it will chafe the camper walls and truck and mar the finish.

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be careful with your location. Here in the Reno NV area, you can't tie a cover tight enough to keep the wind from beating up your paint job with the cover.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Camper Cover
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS