|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Low Flow Water Pump for Truck Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
work2much

Jackson Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want low flow and simple you might like a manual hand pump. It m ay help you stretch your water usage if that's important.
Link

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.
2018 Host Mammoth. 1080 Watts solar. 600 AH usable LFP battery. Magnum 2800 Watt inverter.
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited toad.

Travels with Yoly

North Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/19 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I converted a hand pump system in a similar utilitarian truck camper to a simple, inexpensive pressurized system. See Amazon link .....

Sea Flo 12V pump

I chose this unit largely because of the low power draw (Max 2 Amps) and discharge of 1 GPM. The pump description indicates 40 psi but the one I received is labelled 30 psi. In any case, it was perfect for our needs. It is frugal on water usage yet provides enough flow and pressure to function as an outdoor shower as well (see video)

Eureka Camper Upgrades

* This post was edited 04/22/19 10:59am by Travels with Yoly *

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very likely the sink faucet can't flow anywhere near 2.9GPM. It's just that model pump is standard issue and the cheapest one Lance could source at the time.

I understand what you mean about splashing. The sinks on these campers are not very deep, and when some idjit cranks open the faucet, the sudden burst of water comes right up out of the sink. Disciplined faucet handle control is the answer because the issue is the pressure, not the flow. You'd have the same issue with a 1GPM pump as you would with a 50GPM pump.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/19 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X3 on the pressure causing the splashing. You will have the same pressure at the valve as at the discharge of the pump, until you open the valve. Maybe some minimal frictional losses in the pipe.
I think I would replace the pump with whatever you like. Is the sink valve a conventional residential looking valve, or one of the little black flip handle types?

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2014 Montana High Country 305RL
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Photomike

Southern Alberta or where the camper is parked!

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If there is a valve under the sink then turn that partially off. This will reduce the flow and no switching.

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

minimalcamper

Salida, CO

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/19 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all. I think the hand pump is going way too far for me personally, and that just going from 2.9 GPM to 1.2 GPM is enough to minimize water use and reduce amps. As far as other recommendations, in the future I might consider an accumulator if it seems reasonable, as I like the idea of the pump not needing to run when I run water after my 1 year old goes to sleep. Don't think I will pursue the DC motor speed control option, but good to know it exists.

I did go ahead and order the lower flow Seaflo pump at 1.2 GPM / 35 PSI. After installing it and using it a little I will repost.. I do expect that even this lower flow pump could result in a little splashing at the sink due to the shallowness of the sink and the fact that the pressure will probably still be fairly decent. Simply an issue with not opening valve all the way, but we'll see after the install and make a final assessment.

^ TxGearhead - Yes it is a conventional looking faucet. I might look at aerator options or replacement sinks down the line.

^ Travels with Yoly - Your feedback assures me that lower flow is probably the better decision for me, since I'll use less amps, probably be quieter, and still get adequate flow for my single fixture. I watched your video with the sink flow demonstration, thank you. The one I bought is probably VERY similar to the one you linked to. Seaflow Pump I Bought

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Low Flow Water Pump for Truck Camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS