RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: TST - what am I missing?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> TST - what am I missing?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

CW is playing games with their advertising! Scroll to the bottom of the page and you’ll see the me kit as Amazon for the same price.

How is that playing games?

The big ad was for the less expensive one, and they offer the other for the same price as Amazon. If anything I'd say Amazon was playing games - why didn't they show the lower cost one too?

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

CW is playing games with their advertising! Scroll to the bottom of the page and you’ll see the me kit as Amazon for the same price.

The big ad was for the less expensive one, and they offer the other for the same price as Amazon. If anything I'd say Amazon was playing games - why didn't they show the lower cost one too?

Because when you search the one the OP was looking for it came up on CW’s website, so if you went with that you would not get what you want. It should t be down at the bottom of the page. Very misleading advertising!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Bruce Brown wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Because when you search the one the OP was looking for it came up on CW’s website, so if you went with that you would not get what you want. It should t be down at the bottom of the page. Very misleading advertising!

He never said which one he wanted, he only asked what the difference was. [emoticon] It seems you may be assuming he wanted the solid cap design.

If he wanted the flow-through design, Camping World nailed it, while offering the other design too. Amazon only offered a higher priced version of something he didn't want.

Obviously the OP was asking so there wasn't one specific design he was looking for, so I'd say Camping World did a better job of showing options and Amazon was the one with questionable advertising.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/19 05:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Bruce Brown wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

He never said which one he wanted, he only asked what the difference was. [emoticon] It seems you may be assuming he wanted the solid cap design.

If he wanted the flow-through design, Camping World nailed it, while offering the other design too. Amazon only offered a higher priced version of something he didn't want.

Obviously the OP was asking so there wasn't one specific design he was looking for, so I'd say Camping World did a better job of showing options and Amazon was the one with questionable advertising.

There is a reason why he asked “what am I missing?” He’s seeing the same thing I and others are seeing.

Hikerdogs

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/19 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK What am I Missing !!! The price for the system on the camping World site is about a dollar different than the same model on the Amazon site. Both have 6 flow through sensors. The less expensive one at the bottom of the Camping World page only has 4 flow through sensors

Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/19 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hikerdogs wrote:

OK What am I Missing !!! The price for the system on the camping World site is about a dollar different than the same model on the Amazon site. Both have 6 flow through sensors. The less expensive one at the bottom of the Camping World page only has 4 flow through sensors

X@!

LOL! they are within 50 cents of each other right now. Prices on Amazon change all the time. I just bought a Viair constant duty air system for the new TV, I paid $310 for the kit, I looked back at it yesterday it is now $376. I guess just great timing on my part.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hikerdogs wrote:

When the OP asked the Flow Through one at Camping World was a bunch cheaper - apparently it was on sale. Looks like the sale is over!

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So this thread was asking about why the 50 cent price difference? OK, this was a waste of time!

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/19 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

So this thread was asking about why the 50 cent price difference? OK, this was a waste of time!

Not at all. When the OP asked the question there was over $100 difference in the advertised price.

Apparently they were on sale at the time, the sale is now over.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/19 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

Not at all. When the OP asked the question there was over $100 difference in the advertised price.

Apparently they were on sale at the time, the sale is now over.

Yes, CW does have some good sales from time to time. We got our JT Strongarms on sale for $184 for the full set of six arms.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> TST - what am I missing?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS