|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Antenna Coax Routing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
BigDaddy1951

Leesburg, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a cell phone amplifier for my Winnebago Voyage. It has an external antenna that I believe would mount well on my rear ladder. My problem is running the coax into the rig. I am really hesitant about drilling holes! Any good suggestions needed. Thanks in advance.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/19 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You do not want to drill holes.. Ok.. One thought I drilled through the rear wall under the false cap (There is a gap on my rig) and routed from tere both ends of the hole are protected from weather.

But you can also route into the wire path through the basement compartments Often you can access between two compartments or at the end of the last (Pre-drilled hole) then up following the wires and plumbing into the RV and .. THen foll the utility riser to where you need to park the electronics.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

BigDaddy1951

Leesburg, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thx. I believe my Voyage has a false cap. Time to crawl under. I will drill if I have to, but feel the same way about hanging pictures with a nail!

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you need to drill a hole to get a coax where you need, drill a hole. That's why man invented caulk and coax cover plates!

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dave5143

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/19 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't be afraid to drill through the roof if you need to. Sometimes that's the simplest, most direct approach. Dicor is your friend in times such as this. Here's what I did two years ago. No leaks at all.

Drat! no photos. I hate the way this site handles photos.

I cut a nice round hole with a hole saw, inserted a length of 3/4" pvc conduit down into the rig inside of a cabinet. Cut a 3/4" hole in the bottom of a non-metallic junction box and slipped it over the end of the conduit, dicored the snot out of the edges of the box an pressed firmly onto the roof surface. Viola! You can now route your antenna cable into the junction box and distribute it where it needs to go.

Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

cpaulsen

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/19 04:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ran my coax for my WeBoost antenna down the side of the ladder.....drill a small hole under the license plate and ran the cable inside.

cpaulsen

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Antenna Coax Routing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS