|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Ohio toll road E Z pass

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/19 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you ALWAYS pull the toad? I don't so I classified mine (for Ipass) with just the MH axles. They always manage to charge me the proper amount if I'm pulling the toad, or if I am pulling our utility trailer with our pickup, for that matter. I would contact EZPass and ask them how it should be classified. You would not want to be paying more than you should.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do always pull the toad. The calculated tolls from OH thru PA to breezwood round trip $192.00. The other routes not using the turnpikes would add 4 hours round trip and an additional $110 in fuel costs. So I chose the turn pike getting off and on at Breezewood in PA as the most logical and safe choice for our trip. Easy on and off for fuel and overnighters going and coming.

* This post was edited 04/20/19 11:55am by et2 *

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I actually got my EZ pass from the PA Turnpike and have 5 vehicles listed on it and can move it from one vehicle to the other. I have had it for more than 20 years as at one time I used the pike pretty often--now hardly ever. Those things die now and then and I got a new one 1 year ago.

Harrydavidson

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one EZpass and use it in all my vehicles, even using it in my truck pulling the race trailer ( tandum axel) and on the Harley. I’ve never had any trouble.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got a good dose of it years ago with the old Monaco with a tag axel and my race car trailer with 3 axels--6 axels!!!!!! But it towed good.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have forgotten the exact total but last October we went to Plymouth Rock and other areas on Geneolgy research for Relatives on the Mayflower.
On the way from there to Michigan we took the toll roads including the Ohio Turnpike 80/90, I think, in jut our toad. It was nearer 200.00 than 100.00 total to where it intersects I65. I don't think we will be taking the mh and toad that way ever. It really is highway robbery and in states with some of the highest taxes in other categories. Why do you Folks that live there put up with it?
The idea of the Interstate System was no tolls at all!

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a EZ Pass (it attaches to the top screws on the front license plate) on our class c. The only problems we have had is when I had it attached at the bottom of the plate, sometimes it couldn't be read at the toll booth.. Moving it to the top has fixed that issue so far

Proud father of a US Marine

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 05:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

I have forgotten the exact total but last October we went to Plymouth Rock and other areas on Geneolgy research for Relatives on the Mayflower.
On the way from there to Michigan we took the toll roads including the Ohio Turnpike 80/90, I think, in jut our toad. It was nearer 200.00 than 100.00 total to where it intersects I65. I don't think we will be taking the mh and toad that way ever. It really is highway robbery and in states with some of the highest taxes in other categories. Why do you Folks that live there put up with it?

I laugh when the politicians say that they are going to put toll booths on a road to "pay for the upkeep on the road" but the roads are **** and continue to be ****... I also believe I heard that the toll booths would be taken down once a new road was paid for..... HA! I know that there was some politician from Massachusetts that said he was going to get rid of the tolls on the Mass turnpike... That never happened

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

You must have a very heavy toad. For the Ohio Turnpike:

Toll Road Name: Ohio Turnpike, Ohio

On Which Highways: Interstates 76, 80, 90

Connecting Cities or States: Indiana Toll Road to Pennsylvania Turnpike

Cost of the Toll Road: Fixed rate based on axle, weight and distance traveled

Autos: $17.50 max for full length no pass $11.75 max for length with pass

Trucks: $87.50 max for full length no pass$76.00 max for full length with pass

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PA Turnpike was completed in the early 1950s and was supposed to be paid for in 10 years---long 10 years. On the other hand the Richmond -Petersburg VA turnpike was closed several years ago. Only one I know of. The Federal Govt should not allow states to just add toll booths to an existing interstate. I see this coming in NC as they have formed a NC Turnpike commission looking at I-95, I-85, I-40, I-77. They already have some tolls around Raleigh and Charlotte Its coming.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Ohio toll road E Z pass
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.