RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Thinking about changing from DirecTV to Dish

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Thinking about changing from DirecTV to Dish

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pennysmom09

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

Never have a problem with DirecTv changing my locals back and forth. Heck they don’t even know I have an RV. Just have them change the zip code to our winter home then back again to our summer home. It only takes minutes if you call the number for movers. Why would they care? Just don’t expect to have local channels at both locations at the same time.

This! Just don’t even say you have an RV. Summer home and winter home worked fine for us. They switched back and forth, no problem. However, we recently gave up Directtv altogether. Too costly, cable at home and Cable at our winter rv resort at no additional cost.

Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dropped Direct last year, got DISH. We have a receiver in our RV and it costs us $7/month. We use it from May until November, then turn if off. It has worked fine for us for last year and we just turned it on last week (we started camping a little earlier than normal).

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

jcpainter

Crossville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merrykalia wrote:

Dropped Direct last year, got DISH. We have a receiver in our RV and it costs us $7/month. We use it from May until November, then turn if off. It has worked fine for us for last year and we just turned it on last week (we started camping a little earlier than normal).

Is this a stand alone account, or an add-on to another account?

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/19 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$7 is the add on.

Jayco23FB

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/19 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Switched to Directv this summer...worst mistake ever! The customer service is horrible. Can't wait until my contract is over so I can switch back to Dish.

Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/19 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Randu wrote:

Dropped DIRECT in December after 23 years. Went down hill the minute AT&T purchased them. Customer service terrible,big rate increases every year, and they are slowly dropping satellites. I read a article that stated AT&T's vision was that all TV would be streaming within 5 years so satellites will not be needed. All standard definition will be gone mid year and everyone will be forced to HD. When I asked about upgrading the RV the answer was that they don't do installs on a RV. Could not get the equipment without a install that they won't do and I repeatedly stated that I don't need a install. They would not send equipment. 23 years of being loyal customer and setting up my own dish every time I have camped in the past didn't count. Very few people remember that back in 1995/96 when system first came out that they were all self installed with a kit. So far been really happy with COMCAST at home and just plain over the air antenna when camping. Will talk to DISH if I decide I need it when camping. Randu

DirecTV has not dropped a single satellite other than 110 and 119 which have not had main stream programming in over 10 years.
Oh, no! Forced to watch HD? That's a problem? Maybe you are just upset because you were using an antenna not built by DISH or DirecTV and not supported by DISH or DirecTV (every dome antenna ever made).

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pennysmom09 wrote:

FlatBroke wrote:

Never have a problem with DirecTv changing my locals back and forth. Heck they don’t even know I have an RV. Just have them change the zip code to our winter home then back again to our summer home. It only takes minutes if you call the number for movers. Why would they care? Just don’t expect to have local channels at both locations at the same time.

This! Just don’t even say you have an RV. Summer home and winter home worked fine for us. They switched back and forth, no problem. However, we recently gave up Directtv altogether. Too costly, cable at home and Cable at our winter rv resort at no additional cost.
DTV is well aware that I have a RV and move our receiver between home and the RV. This has been a non issue.

They have records of every service address we've used. When driving to a prior service address all the information is available to make a faster change.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

Never have a problem with DirecTv changing my locals back and forth. Just have them change the zip code to our winter home then back again to our summer home.
They always require an exact street address from me.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Oh, no! Forced to watch HD? That's a problem?.
lol

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/19 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jcpainter wrote:

Merrykalia wrote:

Is this a stand alone account, or an add-on to another account?

Yes, this is an add-on to our home account.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Thinking about changing from DirecTV to Dish
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS