|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Good Sam Extended Service Plan

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
BackRoadsarethebest

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/19 03:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we purchased our used Class A motorhome, we wanted to insure our purchase with an extended warranty plan. Because the unit was 12 years old, we knew there may be unexpected problems even though it was barely used with only 12,000 miles and the interior looked brand new. We thought the Insurance company was Good Sam until we had a claim!

Last summer we made a 7,000 mile trip out west; from Florida to Idaho. We visited many points west, and on our journey the cab air conditioner quit working. My husband who is ASE Master Certified checked and found the compressor fan was the problem. He changed it out with a replacement one from NAPA since there was not an authorized service agent available. We stored the vehicle over the winter and then took it out this spring so we could us it again. When we tried it again the air did not work. We got the repair pre-authorized took it to ring power in Lake City for the repair. Imagine our surprise today when we were told our extended service would pay nothing on the repair! The Bill for the air conditioning was 2367.30! If the Insurance had paid their legitimate part, the bill would not have hurt quite as much.

Suffice it to say-we will not be paying another premium of $1400.00 again. That amount of money would have taken care of what we had to pay today. We expected the 1000.00 deductible, so with the 1400.00 premium we would have been even. Do not waste your money purchasing the Extended Service Plan from Good Sam. For one thing they will get out of paying the claim, and for another they are not the insurer. The insurer is another insurance company and when you call to complain you will jump through 15 hoops. I will spread the word to all RV owners to help them save their money! Thank you for listening!

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/19 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BackRoadsarethebest,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Thank you,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team

pismopete

central cal

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/19 05:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome to the club. I paid premiums for several years and the one time I had a claim it was denied.

catkins

Western Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/23/19 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sadly this happens. Was the item was excluded on your plan?? Wishing for a better resolution...............

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 09:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would you want to sell a plan to someone for and old money pit RV and try to make money? Either the premiums have to be sky high or it must be designed to not cover very much. Bad deal for the buyer. Premiums can only be "low" if the product(any product) is new and not likely to have any problems. Guess what, then you don't need the service plan.

Jayco-noslide

wrktfsh

Here n there

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/19 10:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Money is only made on extended service contracts when nothing is paid out.
It’s a scam ONLY for the selling company to make a profit

Crabbypatty

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/19 03:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Backroadsarethebest:

Thanks for your note. Seems to me that there are more dissatisfied people than satisfied people. We were considering the ESP as we just bought a FW, but after reading all this I think that we will just bank our premiums and do it our self. I also don't like the privacy thing "DM us for a private message" Like Marcus says on the Profit, unless he is BS, he wants everything out in the open. But here its not and they "Close the thread" It should always be readable for everyone.

Happy Trails

John, Lisa & Tara">">">
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/19 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Typical for "extended warranty" When asked, I always say put the money in the bank for emergency repair. That way it's there IF you need and a savings if you don't. Coleman Mach 3 15K BTU $659.00 w/ free shipping if your handy, $1700 saving.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/19 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I remember when Good Sam was a reputable outfit. Now its just a what can we sell you company. JMO.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

corsavair1965

granbury

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/19 09:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

purchase Good Sams service agreement with new Sprinter wide body TT Oct 18, 2017 from Camping World. Have not used TT often but we were on a trip out east when the 80 Gallon fresh water tank dropped tearing out the aluminum and coroplast. Road side assistance called and sent out Mobile Repair 50 miles away and jacked tank up so it could be drained. Screws missing that held up tank cradle (holes striped) so drilled out and bolted in place. Does anyone know if this is a warranty claim to Keystone or would be covered by Service agreement?????

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> Good Sam Extended Service Plan
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS