|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 1000 hp 426 crate engine from mopar

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/19 11:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

$30,000 for that engine... Don't expect stellar sales!

FCA would have been better served by developing a big block gas engine for their HD trucks.

May want to search around, they have one on its way. The 5.7 is going away. The 6.4 is going to be the base engine and the 426 7.0L (standard version) will be the optional gas motor.
It will be nice to have a powerful engine with a properly matched trans behind it!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/19 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This would be much cooler....

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/next-gen-tesla-roadster-will-be-the-fastest-car-ever-produced/

ib516

Canada - soon to be Costa Rica

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/19 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

FCA would have been better served by developing a big block gas engine for their HD trucks.

Lots of rumors out there about just that. A 7.0L (426 cu in) gas engine that will be going in the HD trucks. I think that's why the 5.7L Hemi is no longer available in the 2500/3500 trucks and it's 6.4L only - because the 7.0L Hemi will be the optional engine and the 6.4L will be the base.

Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
All above are sold
Current: 07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/19 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

I was watching a bunch of U-tubes of 427 Cobras(AKA Ford's) blowing away just everything in 1/4 drags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oByBnc_tA

This bad boy Vette goes fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDswtLUhdM

* This post was edited 04/30/19 08:22am by Me Again *

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/19 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

30 Grand...huge amount of bucks for and engine, that a lot of performance enthusiasts don't have.

Think a lot of hot rodders would get a salvage yard hemi with low miles and put a turbo on it. Much cheaper I'm sure.

But many would probably first get a salvage yard...or crate Chevy LS V8...seems to be the hot rodders choice.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/19 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lessmore wrote:

30 Grand...huge amount of bucks for and engine, that a lot of performance enthusiasts don't have.

Think a lot of hot rodders would get a salvage yard hemi with low miles and put a turbo on it. Much cheaper I'm sure.

But many would probably first get a salvage yard...or crate Chevy LS V8...seems to be the hot rodders choice.

I bet they don’t have a problem selling them. The guy who goes to a junk yard to get parts isn’t their target audience. It’s guys like my old boss, who started with a early SRT Challenger and put a blower on it. And thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Until the Hellcat came out. And now he has a Demon.

I could absolutely see him finding a late model donor car and dropping this engine in. Or more accurately, having someone do it.

And I’m sure there is a future for this base engine outside of the aftermarket form.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/19 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Lessmore wrote:

I bet they don’t have a problem selling them. The guy who goes to a junk yard to get parts isn’t their target audience. It’s guys like my old boss, who started with a early SRT Challenger and put a blower on it. And thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Until the Hellcat came out. And now he has a Demon.

I could absolutely see him finding a late model donor car and dropping this engine in. Or more accurately, having someone do it.

And I’m sure there is a future for this base engine outside of the aftermarket form.

You are correct. This engine is not marketed to the racers or person doing their own work. There are other options that are far cheaper for what this crate engine is. This is for the older men with money that want someone to build a car for them.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/19 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nor is it being peddled in the RV market. Why is this a tow vehicles or on an RV forum at all?

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/19 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

Nor is it being peddled in the RV market. Why is this a tow vehicles or on an RV forum at all?

Because it’s where the motor heads congregate. Feel free to ignore it.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

pitch wrote:

Because it’s where the motor heads congregate. Feel free to ignore it.

And because there is going to be a NA version going in the HD trucks. So yes it will get posted here!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 1000 hp 426 crate engine from mopar
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS