RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: When leaving for the day...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> When leaving for the day...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Gene in NE

Omaha

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All the above are useful. If someone really wants your spot, they will park their lazy body in your selected spot.

We like to believe that almost all campers are honest. We used to travel 100% by motorcycle and if we wanted to tour the area without loosing our spot. We sewed a bright orange cloth about 24" x 24" with a small round grommet in the corners. Placed a sturdy wire tent stake in the grommet. Painted a message on the middle TAKEN by Gene and Lanida. Have not lost a sign yet.

2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We leave lawn chairs and table cloth and have never had an invasion.

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/19 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harvey51 X 2 Plus a small length of chain to chain chair to table. Does keep the folks next door from 'borrowong' your chairs.

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/19 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just leave registration, chairs at the site entrance, picnic table cover etc.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/19 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure what the problem is here. If I return to a site that I have paid for and is posted as mine regardless of what I have left behind, the trespassers are leaving in one of two ways... Immediately or in handcuffs. Heaven help them if anything of mine is missing.

I have never had this problem and probably never will but come on now folks, a little common sense and a phone call to the authorities will make this problem disappear. [emoticon]

Olddud

Lost in Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would leave a slowly leaking portable sewage tote right in the middle of the site. It would be full of pure water, of course.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/19 04:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Not sure what the problem is here. If I return to a site that I have paid for and is posted as mine regardless of what I have left behind, the trespassers are leaving in one of two ways... Immediately or in handcuffs. Heaven help them if anything of mine is missing.

I have never had this problem and probably never will but come on now folks, a little common sense and a phone call to the authorities will make this problem disappear. [emoticon]

How could it be that simple? Personally I would rather worry to no end before every trip.

At government operated campgrounds be they Fed/ACOE, State, County, etc, youalways some type of administration / enforcement available be it campground hosts, Park Rangers, etc. They may or may not be full time on site, but a phone call or short drive will get them on the issue should it occur.

Now if Boondocking on BLM or Forest Service land out in the sticks somewhere, then you're on your own I guess. IF it's cause to worry don't put yourself in the situation to begin with.

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/19 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is only posted if tag still on the post. We have seen groups of youths taking tags off and destroying them. By the time the ranger/host gets there they are long gone. ( National/State parks, Ca)

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> When leaving for the day...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS