|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Freshwater tank question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Jayco25E

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a travel trailer and my sister in law just bought a 2019 Thor C-Class 28Z and since the dealer did not bother to explain how everything works I was asked to do so. Not a big deal as I am a long time camper but for the life of me I can not figure out where or how the freshwater tank drains. On my TT it just drains out on the ground. Does a C-Class drain into the gray tank? And is so any ideas on where the valve might be?

Thanks for any help.

2008 Chevy Avalanche
2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

no on the grey water tank.
there should be a pipe from the FW tank at a low location and valve/cap on that.
bumpy

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fresh water tank 40 gallons
Grey tank 32 gallons
Black tank 26 gallons

Fresh water tank would not drain into either waste tank

Contact Thor and inquire
Customer Service (877) 855-2867

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There should be a section in her owners manual (if it came with one) that says where it is. But it would not drain into one of the holding tanks. Check in the storage bays underneath the water tank and you should find a valve.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

jgellis586

Cheboygan, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the same rv except i s a 2017. The fresh water drain is on the drivers side towards the back of the rv. It is a small spigot that runs to open and let the water drain.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/19 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep in mind that many TT's FWT is strapped and exposed under the TT while a MH's FWT is often mounted inside supported by the floor. A longer tube is involved and could be run anywhere where they have room for a clean run to the ground. My class C tube ties into the low point drain cold line below my chassis but the petcock is inside a storage compartment.

Sometimes they hide a drain petcock inside a baggage compartment behind a trap door . I have a hinged trap door inside the compartment where the water pump is housed as well as the winterizing valve (pick up tube) . Some rv's also have the fresh water drain petcock in that location .
Other places are below the fridge , there might be a removable panel screwed in place or under the bed near the tank itself.

Jayco25E

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/19 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jgellis586 wrote:

I have the same rv except i s a 2017. The fresh water drain is on the drivers side towards the back of the rv. It is a small spigot that runs to open and let the water drain.

Thanks I will look in that area again.

Jayco25E

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobndot wrote:

Keep in mind that many TT's FWT is strapped and exposed under the TT while a MH's FWT is often mounted inside supported by the floor. A longer tube is involved and could be run anywhere where they have room for a clean run to the ground. My class C tube ties into the low point drain cold line below my chassis but the petcock is inside a storage compartment.

Sometimes they hide a drain petcock inside a baggage compartment behind a trap door . I have a hinged trap door inside the compartment where the water pump is housed as well as the winterizing valve (pick up tube) . Some rv's also have the fresh water drain petcock in that location .
Other places are below the fridge , there might be a removable panel screwed in place or under the bed near the tank itself.

I did notice what looked like a removable panel under the fridge. Which is about the location above the freshwater tank. I will check there for the water pump. Thanks

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The low point drain for the fresh water should be a small line with a valve somewhere under the RV or near the FW pump. But, since this is new RV a simple call to Thor and they will email you the plumbing schematics that show where the LPD is.

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My older 28A had the fresh water drain spigot on the driver’s side. It was below the other outside water connections.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB Chevy 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Freshwater tank question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS