|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blue Beacon Truck Wash and paint protective film

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/19 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 2015 Winnebago came with paint protection film on the front of the RV. Until our last trip I have always hand washed it myself and have been pleasantly surprised at how well the film has protected the front from rock chipping and any other damage. On our last trip, we stopped in Kingman AZ after seeing a Blue Beacon Truck Wash sign. We'd endured quite a bit of light rain on our 3 week trip that was enough to cover the RV with dirt but not heavy enough to wash any off. Blue Beacon did an outstanding job, thoroughly cleaning off the filth. After we got home, I only had some bugs to clean off the front from Nevada's farming district. I then noticed milky white streaks I'd never noticed before on the film. The rest of the RV's paint showed none of this. The cleaner/polish sold by the film manufacturer that had previously done an outstanding job shining up the film would do nothing for the streaks. The streaks were obviously made by water/cleaner flowing down the surface as where there were trim pieces that concentrated the streams, the milkyness was more pronounced. How long has the film lasted for everyone? The film company has a 10 year warranty but I doubt they'd cover something like this. Has anyone else used Blue Beacon and noticed film damage after a wash?

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2010 Winnebago Suncruiser which also has a paint protection film on the front (not sure if its the same film as yours, sort of a clear vinyl). Our Suncruiser has been thru many a Blue Beacon Truck wash over the years and we have not experienced the issue you have or any others. Of note, I have never used any cleaner or polish on this film, just soap and water.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know Blue Beacon is if anything over-cautious when washing RV's so I doubt it was their fault. I also know sometimes those protection films... Fail.. And why but that is rather involved.. Sounds like yours has a failure.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used Blue Beacon a number of times on a previous coach. The wheels suffered.
Don't use CC on this coach at all

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/19 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is paint protection?

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/19 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have a rubber roof? Possibly the milky streaks are from the roof starting to shed particulate. It happens all the time as the roof ages. Being a 2015, yours is a little early to have this issue.

Chum lee

Lakejumper

Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/19 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the protective film on the front and have been to Ble Beacon twice. We've had no issues with streaking.

Horse doc - what is CC?

Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Blue Beacon Truck Wash and paint protective film
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS