|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Sale at Lowes on hex head wrenches

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/19 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For you tool freaks (like me), i stopped by Lowes today to pick up a stud finder and passed by a sale on hex head (used to be called Allen wrench). They are in a jack knife style packet and have three sets available, metric, sae, and star heads. Were 8.99 each, now 3.98. I had the same three in my Amazon wish list for $27.

Needless to say I scooped up one of each. They are under the Kobalt name, looks to me like they are switching to Craftsman named tools and cutting back the Kobalt named stuff. They are actually a but more robust than the set I bought from Amazon several months ago. And planned to buy another set soon. Get the vet discount and they get real cheap! Thought I would pass it on.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/19 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have so many of those.... (about 4 or 5) One is right beside me
also I have a torx set like that.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/19 10:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought one of each 12 years ago......blue one, red one, grey one

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I noticed the Craftsman brand name now showing up at the Lowes.... next time I am there I need to ask if they will honor the lifetime warranty on things like sockets on an individual basis.

I inherited my dad's tool set with items 'prolly up to 60 years old. When one would break, we would exchange it at the local Sear & Roebuck. There used to be a Sears "outlet" store nearby but they would not honor the warranty.

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Craftsman Warranty at Lowe's

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Uncles use to build custom homes. Just about all their tools were Craftsman, in the sixties anyway. Some of the homes in Sewanee Tn and elsewhere were built of hardwoods and pegged together with few nails.
Table Saws, circular saws, lathes, he had one that was huge that he turned whole poplar trees into lentils with and it my have had the Craftsman name.
Just about every Tradesman and Craftsman could be seen on Saturdays at Sears in town about 60 miles away. They never had a shortage of Customers....because of the warranty. I have 60 year old sets of tools. One quarter inch ratchet needs the cartridge replaced. Twenty years ago Sears would not fix it or replace it.
I wonder if anyone has the cartridge, the works still in stock or if Lowes, no Sears anywhere around here any more, could repair it or if they choose to replace i the new ratchets are as good. Those with round handles are terrible on the hands nd too small a diameter, or if they would even honor th old warranty?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Sale at Lowes on hex head wrenches
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS