|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tow Vehicle question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/19 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not say this is a non issue. It does seem crazy that the $80K truck has an exhaust brake, tow haul mode but no trucker/RV friendly GPS.
They did think of massage seats.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/19 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

downtheroad wrote:

I know it's all the rage now....in-dash nav systems, but just be aware that to up date them from time to time to the latest maps may cost you. I have seen $140 for each up date.

From Edmunds .....Updates: The maps on factory systems are typically as current as the vehicle's model year. If you want to update the maps, you need to purchase a memory card or, for an older vehicle, a DVD. These can cost $75-$200.

I like Garmin's with life time map updates.

The nav updates for my '11 Sonata and the wife's '13 Genesis Coupe run $250 EACH and are s/n specific. For that money you can buy a standalone Garmin with =lifetime= updates. No more OEM navs for me, that's for sure.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

kodiak 308

Fla Panhandle

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have recently been trying to get an answer for that exact question. With all of the trailer specific settings that the GM, and probably Ford or Dodge,are offering in their 2020 trucks, you would think someone would have given the navigation system more thought. From what I have learned GM is not currently going to offer a feature to their navigation system that allows for RV specific routing. Rumor has it that a solution, perhaps an Android Auto App is in the works.

sgfrye

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/19 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

downtheroad wrote:

I know it's all the rage now....in-dash nav systems, but just be aware that to up date them from time to time to the latest maps may cost you. I have seen $140 for each up date.

From Edmunds .....Updates: The maps on factory systems are typically as current as the vehicle's model year. If you want to update the maps, you need to purchase a memory card or, for an older vehicle, a DVD. These can cost $75-$200.

I like Garmin's with life time map updates.

good advice

my wife's ford explorer in dash gps is no where as accurate as my trusty life time maps update garmin,,, or google maps

Willcamp4

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the GPS system in my truck and have updated it. I should say it is not just pricey to do, but time consuming. I probably shouldn't bother since my iPhone has a better system and I usually use it. It also comes with constant and free updates plus it talks to me through the Bluetooth system. If you have a smart phone it comes with it.

Willcamp4
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Crew Cab, Lariat, 6.7L PSTD, Air Lift rear suspension.
Alpenlite Valhalla Limited Fifth Wheel, two Solar panels, four six-volt batteries, two Honda EU2000i generators

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tow Vehicle question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS