RV.Net Open Roads Forum: I am TRYING to buy and RV from you all. Not easy!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> I am TRYING to buy and RV from you all. Not easy!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildtoad wrote:

Second just pay the MSRP. No negotiation needed.

And they will still try to upsell you with extended warranties, lifetime warranties, never wax again magic coatings, etc..

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do yourself a favor and go to the competing dealer. When its time for repairs you will be glad you did.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Fulltimers

Anywhere, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with Bird Freak. Also from what I have heard about all the pricey markups that Camping World will add, which they insist you need and will not sell you the unit without, you will be paying a lot more than the $500 you think you will save.

Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog
2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/19 09:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is wrong with a new salesperson? They are probably more willing than any to bend over backward to make their first big sale. Take advantage.

I also agree you should go to at least one competing dealer that is not CW.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 04:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just curious I assume your looking at the dealer in Ashland Va. but how much farther would Colonial Airstream in Lakewood NJ be?

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 08:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dblr wrote:

Just curious I assume your looking at the dealer in Ashland Va. but how much farther would Colonial Airstream in Lakewood NJ be?

Colonial is about 200 miles from us. Colonial does have a stellar online reputation. They are certainly another option for us.

I have contacted the Manager of the Camping World Virginia Airstream. He is looking into things and will get back to me today. He did explain Camping World was in the midst of implementing a new process (an "Online War Room") and they are working the kinks out.

As this was a "Dear Marcus" Forum, I am waiting for my PM from Marcus. [emoticon]

2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

cruz-in, Thank you for contacting Good Sam. Can you please provide the city of the dealership you have having issues with in a private message? I would be happy to share your concerns with the leadership team.

Thank you,
Melissa
Good Sam Customer Care

PM sent.

However, this is typical of my response from Camping world and tryiing to buy this RV. Did their customer service even read my OP?

1) Quoting my OP: "We would like to buy an Airstream from your store in VA."
2) Camping World (Gander Mountain) only has one dealer that sells Airstreams in VA,
3) Thirdly, it appears Camping World only has one location in the whole country that that sells Airstreams.

Seems like this is a canned response and CW Customer Service did not even read my OP. [emoticon]

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doesn't sound to me like you've even given the new salesman a chance. You automatically don't want to deal with him "because he's new".

He doesn't need to know the product - you've decided.

He just needs to honor the $500 less than competing offer. Even a new guy should be able to handle that, assuming it's legit.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/19 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cruz-in wrote:

dblr wrote:

Colonial is about 200 miles from us. Colonial does have a stellar online reputation. They are certainly another option for us.

I have contacted the Manager of the Camping World Virginia Airstream. He is looking into things and will get back to me today. He did explain Camping World was in the midst of implementing a new process (an "Online War Room") and they are working the kinks out.

As this was a "Dear Marcus" Forum, I am waiting for my PM from Marcus. [emoticon]

What do you think the manager is going to do for you once they have your money if they can't satisfy you enough to hand it over in the first place? At the CW near us they seem to change management and personnel every couple of weeks. When the local dealer sold out to CW the entire team jumped ship. Head to another dealer, you'll be much better off most likely.

Do not hold your breath while waiting for a PM from Marcus lol. Do you really believe he would take the time or care?

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 10:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cruz-in wrote:

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

cruz-in, Thank you for contacting Good Sam. Can you please provide the city of the dealership you have having issues with in a private message? I would be happy to share your concerns with the leadership team.

Thank you,
Melissa
Good Sam Customer Care

PM sent.

However, this is typical of my response from Camping world and tryiing to buy this RV. Did their customer service even read my OP?

1) Quoting my OP: "We would like to buy an Airstream from your store in VA."
2) Camping World (Gander Mountain) only has one dealer that sells Airstreams in VA,
3) Thirdly, it appears Camping World only has one location in the whole country that that sells Airstreams.

Seems like this is a canned response and CW Customer Service did not even read my OP. [emoticon]

I think you are expecting a lot of effort on everyone else's part.

An online rep for this forum is NOT going to know which store you are talking about. They are NOT going to know what stores sell what brands. Asking you for details not given is what she should have done. And, yes, other than that question, it IS a canned response. That's how this board works. Unhappy customers vent. Reps post a canned response asking for additional info offline.

You won't work with a new salesperson simply because they are new and your purchase is "special".

Doesn't sound like Camping World can meet your expectations. I suspect anywhere you go you will have issues as you seem to expect special service for your special purchase.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> I am TRYING to buy and RV from you all. Not easy!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS