RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Rubber Roof Cleaner and Protectant

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rubber Roof Cleaner and Protectant

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
pmlevine

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/19 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pmlevine wrote:

Thanks everyone for the good feedback, it’s important to know what type of roof material is topside. Doesn’t look like I have any documentation other than the Winnebago TT o owner manual. I found a link on-line which might be helpful to determine what type of roof is on my TT.

click

-------------------------------------------------------
I took the suggestion in the Youtube video, went inside my TT, removed the ceiling cover to the AC, and believe the roof material is TPO. The roof material is smooth white on one side, and textured white on the other side. EDIT: I had checked another Dicor Youtube video - which recommended 2 Step System Dicor Ultra Primer, Dicor Ultra Self Leveling Sealant. - WOW - I called Dicor to see if there was a small size can of primer because the price of a 3 quart can on Amazon was over $300. Dicor tech support told me they are no longer selling the 2 Step Ultra System - IT IS DISCONTINUED. Dicor tech support told me for TPO roofs to use denatured alcohol to clean first, then apply Dicor self leveling sealant 501 or 502.
I'm posting photos of the two sides of the TPO roof material.

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 05/16/19 02:16pm by pmlevine *

macjom

Fl

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/19 01:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aerospace 303 protectant is what I use also. This stuff is great for UV protection.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rubber Roof Cleaner and Protectant
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS