|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Crossroads Zinger quality

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
rickdavis81

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/19 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at travel trailers with a 2nd bedroom and preferably 1.5 baths. We looked at a 2020 Crossroads Zinger 333DB today and the wife loved it. My concern is that I've never heard of them and I question the quality. A quick internet search brings up bad reviews but searching any camper manufacturer does the same. Should I steer clear or are they of good quality?

Lwiddis

Crestview area, Inyo County, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thirty-eight feet and 8200 pounds DRY is a heck of a travel trailer if you’re new to towing.

* This post was edited 05/12/19 09:01pm by Lwiddis *

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Lwiddis

Crestview area, Inyo County, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/19 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What tow vehicle do you have or are you considering?

zenasboy

Southern Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/19 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this may not be relevant since our was so much older, but we had a 2010 26BBHS Zinger for 8 years the only problem we had was a faulty toilet flush valve. That was in the first year and they sent me a new one to install; after that we didn't have a single issue with anything for the remainder of the time we owned it. We put probably 3-4000 miles on it each year and it treated us well.

zenasboy

Southern Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/19 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deleted double post.

301TBS

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/19 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just traded a 2012. No problems at all. They may be manufactured differently (Cheaper) now. Probably no different than most.

2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

lenr

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/19 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe that Crossroads quality runs hot and cold so the trick is finding a good run. And, once someone has a bad experience, that brand will never be good again. That's me with our 2005 Zinger. The gas line was run through the spring hangers and got pounded flatter every time we hit a bump. Nobody believed it until they saw the trailer, then Crossroads issued a recall for every trailer built that day. The refrigerator was supported in the back by a #10 screw into the 3/32" paneling, of course where you couldn't see it. but after a few years of bumps, the wall started buckling as the fridge platform sunk down. The windows used that wrong type of seal and continuously leaked. After 8 years, when we sold it with a rotten floor from the leaking windows, all the appliances still worked fine. We replaced it with a Puma from a dealer that sold both. He told us we made a better choice and that the Puma would weigh more for the same exact floor plan indicating stronger construction. Observing the Puma, I would agree that it was well built. So, after our experience with Crossroads, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 mile pole. Others may have done just fine.

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/19 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a different Crossroads model, but I follow a Crossroads Owner group on Facebook and the Zinger owners seem to be almost cult-like in their glee for that product line. It's interesting to watch.

We absolutely love our Elevation toy hauler, but nowhere near cult-like love from us. We've had a lot of trouble and it took us years to work through all of the warranty issues. Most of the issues were design flaws and proof that they really weren't ready to enter the market to build toy haulers.

Summary: I don't have any experience with the Zinger line, but I (A) love my Crossroads Elevation and (B) can't believe how many happy Zinger owners I've seen online.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Crossroads Zinger quality
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS