RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Nissan Titan XD 5.0L Cummins?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nissan Titan XD 5.0L Cummins?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SouthpawHD

WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 06:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camp-n-family wrote:

SouthpawHD wrote:

Yep, lower payload for sure. But fits my purposes.

Them not selling well is also a concern. Not popular = good deal now = probably not a good trade in value down the road.

Looked at a Titan forum, and not much activity there.

But when I find reviews by actual owners, they all seem to like them.

Interesting reading about issues.

Yeah, certainly not a good case for getting one! But there were a few owners that had no issues.

Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

SouthpawHD

WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AlmostAnOldGuy wrote:

SouthpawHD wrote:

Them not selling well is also a concern. Not popular = good deal now = probably not a good trade in value down the road.

This. Plus, available parts and how many folks have eexperience working on it?

Now how about a test drive of the Ram 2500 with the 6.4 and new transmission...

Take it easy,
Stu

I’ve looked at a few ‘18 Rams. As for ‘19s, the inventory just isn’t there especially at a similar price point.

carringb

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you set on a diesel? The F150 Max Payload 3.5L is probably the package closest in specs to the Titan XD, including similar levels of torque.. They are hard to find, but any dealer with a fleet department should be able to find and/or order one, and probably give you fleet pricing at the same time. And then you won't have to worry about your winter drive cycle.

Bryan

2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

librty02

Western Pa

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big Nay for me...

1st off I personally think it's the ugliest truck I've seen

2nd payload for the Titan diesels are in the 1400lb range...so it's a lightweight halfton in all reality

3rd The owner reviews seen to be absolutely terrible [emoticon]

Honestly Nissan had a good idea...but didn't complete that good idea to make it a competitor...

2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

SouthpawHD

WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carringb wrote:

Are you set on a diesel? The F150 Max Payload 3.5L is probably the package closest in specs to the Titan XD, including similar levels of torque.. They are hard to find, but any dealer with a fleet department should be able to find and/or order one, and probably give you fleet pricing at the same time. And then you won't have to worry about your winter drive cycle.

Not set on a diesel at all.

I've looked at the F150s, and my local dealer did a search and found ONLY 2 in the whole upper Midwest. I am thinking about it, just not the color and options I'd be looking for.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

carringb wrote:

The above would be my choice of a light duty pickup too. I have not found enough positives with the Titan/Cummins package to make it worth the acquisition and maintenance costs.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/19 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SouthpawHD wrote:

carringb wrote:

I've looked at the F150s, and my local dealer did a search and found ONLY 2 in the whole upper Midwest. I am thinking about it, just not the color and options I'd be looking for.

South paw,

Our truck in sig wasn't what we really wanted either as it's white and a XLT (last truck was also a XLT and had a couple diff features as does current ride), both off the lot purchases. Truck we wanted was 600 miles away and that dealer was offering diddly for ours sight unseen despite pics we sent. Needless to say, we've made are bed and are sleeping in it and to be honest, after having it for a year, it DOES get a lot of attention and compliments. It does what we want it to do, added aftermarket items to it so it really isn't a bad truck afterall. So don't discount what is out there if it has the MAIN items/features you are seeking. When we were looking, like yourself, wanted "X" things. Problem was, duallies seemed to hard to find with the "X" items unless it was a fully loaded one which we didn't want. As it came down to the 2 trucks (1 being a Lariat and a XLT), both had the features we wanted obviously the Lariat had more, but the XLT had what I would have ordered anyways. In the end, while the XLT surely isn't a Lariat, we are happy with it and does the job.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

librty02

Western Pa

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SouthpawHD wrote:

carringb wrote:

You can just order exactly what you want from Ford. Takes on avg. 6 weeks for the new truck to come in. I've done this many times

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you look for issues on any vehicle, you will find them. This one included.

Personally I don’t understand the appeal of this truck. The 5.0 is too big to have a large advantage in mpg like the 3.0’s do and it is too small to offer the real pulling power that the 6.7 does.

That said, it would be more than adequate to do what you’ve suggested you need.

Have you done a test drive?

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

demiles

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve had only a few very minor problems with my 2016 in 17,000 total miles and just under 10,000 towing 8,000lbs. It may not win the race to the top of the hill but the XD makes for a very stable TV.

2008 Jayco G2 28RBS
2016 Nissan XD 5.0L Cummins

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nissan Titan XD 5.0L Cummins?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.