|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Wobbly dinette table

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
sherrycalh

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Morning... We just purchased a used RV. The dinette table is located on a slide. It's on 2 pedestals. One is obviously not attached to the floor well. The table is very wobbly. How do we fix this situation?

Juzaxadar

NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'll probably need to post some pictures, but the place I usually start is dismantling to see how it was originally fastened. Often, the original way is just fine, but something has broken. If that's the case you can buy new parts or make something if you're handy.

2000 Minnie 31C V10

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

triple posting

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a Rockwood with the wobbly spring loaded table. I just replaced it with a diner style post and two flanges. It still wobbles. There are now at least two manufacturers of these types of table legs. They are close in size but not exactly the same. You cannot mix and match parts. Good luck.

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have the typical flange on the floor like in this photo, I would just remove the flange, rotate it about 10 degrees and screw all the screws back into good wood in the floor.

But you might ask why this has happened. Slide outs can leak sometimes which can lead to rot in the subfloor. If this does happen to be the case, you won't be able to fix the wobbly table without repairing the floor.

The typical RV pedestal legs do wobble quite a bit regardless. There are some ways to replace the legs with something better which is what we did.

[image]

I hate CAPTCHA. It just will not go away...

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab

gmw photos

midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/19 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my trailer I leave my dinette table set up all the time. So I effectively attached it in a more permanent way. It still rests on the two posts, but I also have it attached to the wall under that end of the table top. Very sturdy.

Boomerweps

Hills of PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it three sided seating or just face to face? I remounted my dual post table completely. The table was off center between the benches, the legs were off center and unevenly spaced on the table. A real clusterfudge. I removed and repositioned the floor and table leg brackets. So everything is evenly spaced and centered. I also moved the table over 2 inches to touch the wall. Minimal movement, no more Chubby Checker table, always doin' the Twist! Let's NOT "Twist again, like we did last summer". Bonus: gained those two more inches of passage space.

2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited
2019 F150 SCrew STX SB 5.0 factory tow package

sherrycalh

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

If you have the typical flange on the floor like in this photo, I would just remove the flange, rotate it about 10 degrees and screw all the screws back into good wood in the floor.

But you might ask why this has happened. Slide outs can leak sometimes which can lead to rot in the subfloor. If this does happen to be the case, you won't be able to fix the wobbly table without repairing the floor.

The typical RV pedestal legs do wobble quite a bit regardless. There are some ways to replace the legs with something better which is what we did.

[image]

YES, that is what our flange looks like. Only one is loose on the floor. What did you use that was better?

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sherrycalh wrote:

myredracer wrote:

YES, that is what our flange looks like. Only one is loose on the floor. What did you use that was better?
We have aluminum table legs that Lance uses as in this photo. The flanges are much wider. VERY solid and almost no wobble at all. They look nice too. They are made by Tacomarine.com. They don't sell to the public but you can get them from a marine store or a Lance dealer.

[image]

On a previous TT I took the standard pedestal legs out like you have and mounted a bracket at end of the table to the wall and a folding leg. Both are standard RV accessory items. Only thing with this is you're left with holes in the floor from the flange. Not a problem in our case because I also installed new plank flooring. If not fussy, you could always use a little dab of vinyl flooring seam sealer in the holes.

[image]

beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/14/19 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take the screws out, turn a few degrees and put screws in new holes.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Wobbly dinette table
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS