|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Wobbly dinette table

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/19 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

sherrycalh wrote:

myredracer wrote:

The typical RV pedestal legs do wobble quite a bit regardless. There are some ways to replace the legs with something better which is what we did.

YES, that is what our flange looks like. Only one is loose on the floor. What did you use that was better?
We have aluminum table legs that Lance uses as in this photo. The flanges are much wider. VERY solid and almost no wobble at all. They look nice too. They are made by Tacomarine.com. They don't sell to the public but you can get them from a marine store or a Lance dealer.

[image]

On a previous TT I took the standard pedestal legs out like you have and mounted a bracket at end of the table to the wall and a folding leg. Both are standard RV accessory items. Only thing with this is you're left with holes in the floor from the flange. Not a problem in our case because I also installed new plank flooring. If not fussy, you could always use a little dab of vinyl flooring seam sealer in the holes.

[image]

That set up from Tacomarine is really great. I was able to remove two of the crummy chrome steel posts and replace it with one of those. So, so, so much better. I ordered them through a marine supply online that I can't seem to recall the name of!

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Denali, stock....for now. 2015 Creekside 20fq w/300 watts solar. Retiring in 2021, then look-out road, here we come!

sherrycalh

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/19 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanx everyone.. going to try removing and replacing in new holes that will be spaced in the middle of the booth area and closer to the wall. We do have booth seating opposite each other. Never had a slide before.
Table is mounted on carpet. Hope we can see the old holes to fill. Toothpicks and glue?

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/19 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer has shown a photo of the new style of flange that is commonly available. There is an older larger flange with more screw holes that used to be common. The hole diameter of the flange is slightly different.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/19 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As yours are mounted on a carpeted surface and you will re position both bases, don't worry about filling the original mounting screw holes. If you can't see them, no one else can either.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster backplates

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/15/19 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As yours are mounted on a carpeted surface and you will re position both bases, don't worry about filling the original mounting screw holes. If you can't see them, no one else can either.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Wobbly dinette table
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS