RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Electricity and electric and magnetic fields (EMFs)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Electricity and electric and magnetic fields (EMFs)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is the Electrical problem "Induced" or what?

Electricity and electric and magnetic fields (EMFs)

START QUOTE:
EMFs are invisible forces that surround electrical equipment, power cords, and wires that carry electricity, including outdoor power lines.

•Electric Fields: These are formed whenever a wire is plugged into an outlet, even when the appliance is not turned on. The higher the voltage, the stronger the electric field.

•Magnetic Fields: These are formed when electric current is flowing within a device or wire. The greater the current, the stronger the magnetic field.

EMFs can occur separately or together. For example, when you plug the power cord for a lamp into a wall socket, it creates an electric field along the cord. When you turn the lamp on, the flow of current through the cord creates a magnetic field. Meanwhile, the electric field is still present.
END QUOTE:

If it is induced then it is from a Magnetic Field.
If it is capacitance then it is from a Electric Field.

Your body is 1/2 of a capacitor and unless you are off the grid, it is always exposed to an Electric Field.
For example....

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

??

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/19 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, what the heck? Wrong list maybe?

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

maddog348 wrote:

??

---------------------------------------------------------------------
For a number of years now, work has been proceeding in order to bring perfection to the crudely conceived idea of a transmission that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument is the turbo encabulator.

Now basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance.

The original machine had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the “up” end of the grammeters.

The turbo-encabulator has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of novertrunnions. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Understand?

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/19 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was getting small shocks one time when parking under some high voltage lines in Texas... Moved out from under the high voltage wires and it all cleared up haha...

Roy Ken
[image]

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nope !! Didn't ad a durned thing to my morning.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't bother me! I'm wearing my tinfoil hat! [emoticon]
[image]

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT Towed - BX1648 Baseplate
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EMF is usually does not affect mammals.

Properly designed (and TESTED) electrical equipment does not create enough EMF to interfere with other electrical equipment.

I have spoken with people who HAVE encounter EMF (also called radio frequency (RF) interference). One was very near an extremely powerful antenna array. Another was a trucker using an illegal amplifier on a CB radio.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyB wrote:

I was getting small shocks one time when parking under some high voltage lines
I was under some high voltage lines and noticed my ladder seemed to be vibrating when I grabbed it. I measured 21 volts DC in there. Yikes.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/19 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theoldwizard1 wrote:

EMF is usually does not affect mammals.

Properly designed (and TESTED) electrical equipment does not create enough EMF to interfere with other electrical equipment.

I have spoken with people who HAVE encounter EMF (also called radio frequency (RF) interference). One was very near an extremely powerful antenna array. Another was a trucker using an illegal amplifier on a CB radio.

I experience it about every 6 months... my Dr sends and RF through a nerve in my neck to deaden it. [emoticon]

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Electricity and electric and magnetic fields (EMFs)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS