RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Electricity and electric and magnetic fields (EMFs)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Electricity and electric and magnetic fields (EMFs)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO not relevant. I was routinely exposed to .8 to 1.6 Tesas and experienced no tingling of skin. I did develop AML leukemia, so my self imposed distance of safety was more than erroneous. I had to build a Faraday cage sandwich of expanded metal and 1700 lbs of copper milling shavings as a shield. The emitter consumed a max of 7 amperes three phase at 440 vac, and I blundered into the throttling mechanism at a subsequent Skunk Works Auction. The two ton emitter had For Parts Use Only labels all over it. It was used for proving pulsed EMF desulfation of flooded lead acid batteries. I had failed to acknowledge the importance of machine shielding. What lockheed used it for I have no idea. The machines disappeared with the liquidation of my personal property. Not a fun part of my life.

(Proven not theory)

Create an inductor coil of 300 ft wire length at 18 inches diameter inline with overhead line transmission wires which are three phase. Orientation alignment is sensitive. If you draw power from the wire loops you are stealing power from the utility under California law. Power would range from twenty watts on a vague scale due to transmission voltage, distance to the emitters, etc.

Hope This Suppresses.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a Power Plant Operator I was 'exposed' daily for 12 hours
Then I went home and got bombarded some more

[image]

[image]

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

TimnJo

Eastern Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/19 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

maddog348 wrote:

??

---------------------------------------------------------------------
For a number of years now, work has been proceeding in order to bring perfection to the crudely conceived idea of a transmission that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument is the turbo encabulator.

Now basically the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive diractance.

The original machine had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the “up” end of the grammeters.

The turbo-encabulator has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of novertrunnions. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Understand?

Just in case you don't completely understand, here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjcJp_Nwvk

2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyB wrote:

I was getting small shocks one time when parking under some high voltage lines in Texas... Moved out from under the high voltage wires and it all cleared up haha...

Roy Ken

I had a similar experience and I always thought it was a Magnetic Field inducing a voltage on the vehicle. It has taken me many years to realize the voltage on the vehicle was because of the capacitive coupling in the Electric Field surrounding the transmission line. It has only been very recent that I ever heard of someone feeling a slight tingle in an RV from a 120VAC Electric Field. Hence my motivation for this thread. Thank you for your contribution.

Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theoldwizard1 wrote:

EMF is usually does not affect mammals.

Properly designed (and TESTED) electrical equipment does not create enough EMF to interfere with other electrical equipment.

I have spoken with people who HAVE encounter EMF (also called radio frequency (RF) interference). One was very near an extremely powerful antenna array. Another was a trucker using an illegal amplifier on a CB radio.

Yes, that is exposure to Magnetic Fields which has been widely studied. The reason for my post was to highlight "Electric Fields" and the physics of capacitance. No, I never thought for a minute Electric Fields were causing any harm OTHER THEN the "For example" link at the bottom of my OP. Thank you for your input.

Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

As a Power Plant Operator I was 'exposed' daily for 12 hours
Then I went home and got bombarded some more

If I am correct:

milliGauss is a measure of Magnetic Fields, and
newtons per coulomb is a measure of Electric Fields.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And FARADS is...? [emoticon]

Harvard

51.6N 114.7W

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

And FARADS is...? [emoticon]

Dr Google says:

"1 farad is the capacitance of a capacitor that has charge of 1 coulomb when applied voltage drop of 1 volt."
AND
"The SI unit of electric field strength is newtons per coulomb (N/C) or volts per meter (V/m)."

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/19 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always thought that Farads were billboards way off in the distance. [emoticon]

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/19 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harvard wrote:

RoyB wrote:

I was getting small shocks one time when parking under some high voltage lines in Texas... Moved out from under the high voltage wires and it all cleared up haha...

Roy Ken

I had a similar experience and I always thought it was a Magnetic Field inducing a voltage on the vehicle. It has taken me many years to realize the voltage on the vehicle was because of the capacitive coupling in the Electric Field surrounding the transmission line. It has only been very recent that I ever heard of someone feeling a slight tingle in an RV from a 120VAC Electric Field. Hence my motivation for this thread. Thank you for your contribution.

I wasn't feeling anything the inside the RV. This only happened when outside and touching the outer metal of the RV... A very slight tingle...

Roy Ken

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Electricity and electric and magnetic fields (EMFs)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS