RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Guys with generators ....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Guys with generators ....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
OleManOleCan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GordonThree wrote:

Solar is the only quiet generator. For internal combustion there's loud inverter and really loud contractor. Just my 2 cents.

I had a buddy who brought bales of hay and made what looked like a chimney around his contractor model. It redirected part of the noise up... Still loud.
It didn't bother him too much. He was going deaf.
It bothered everyone else, me included.
I found someplace different to camp...

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/29/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grodyman wrote:

D.E.Bishop wrote:

I am tempted to make an untoward comment and get this thread closed. How many anti generator threads will there be, it's time to get over it.

My RVing style is automated and it takes electricty for automation to function, at least you can lay on the ground to sleep and maybe you have not been effected by a physical malady that requires you have a bathroom you can reach in seconds, maybe you don't have to have hearing aids to not hear silence.

You have legs and voices, walk over to those who are offending you and trampling your rights and talk to them face to face, don't be a coward and do it here.

Great, now please do everyone around you a favor and buy a quieter generator.
Gman

Thanks for the suggestion, seeing as how you feel it should be quieter, please tell me which one is quieter. Oh! that means you would need to know which of my generators I am referring to. Which one of mine is too noisy for you? Oh yes, now I know, All of them.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster backplates

Grodyman

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

Grodyman wrote:

D.E.Bishop wrote:

I am tempted to make an untoward comment and get this thread closed. How many anti generator threads will there be, it's time to get over it.

My RVing style is automated and it takes electricty for automation to function, at least you can lay on the ground to sleep and maybe you have not been effected by a physical malady that requires you have a bathroom you can reach in seconds, maybe you don't have to have hearing aids to not hear silence.

You have legs and voices, walk over to those who are offending you and trampling your rights and talk to them face to face, don't be a coward and do it here.

Great, now please do everyone around you a favor and buy a quieter generator.
Gman

Thanks for the suggestion, seeing as how you feel it should be quieter, please tell me which one is quieter. Oh! that means you would need to know which of my generators I am referring to. Which one of mine is too noisy for you? Oh yes, now I know, All of them.

You obviously have a loud open frame generator considering you took the time to come to this thread and defend them.

2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Guys with generators ....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS