RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Drinking Campground Water...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Drinking Campground Water...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/19 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Topics like this never cease to amaze! Some get so upset about what someone else is doing! Frankly, you can sip your water from a toilet bowl for all I care, or drink from that rubber hose we are told now a days might kill you(tongue and cheek)...so from bottled, to well, to tank to filtered...whatever works for you is fine with me. I happen to drink bottled cause that's my perception of safe water and with said bottled water, myself nor the dogs have ever experienced any intestinal problems that I'm aware of. In a Nutshell, if it works for you, do what you want!

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/19 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

Topics like this never cease to amaze! Some get so upset about what someone else is doing! Frankly, you can sip your water from a toilet bowl for all I care, or drink from that rubber hose we are told now a days might kill you(tongue and cheek)...so from bottled, to well, to tank to filtered...whatever works for you is fine with me. I happen to drink bottled cause that's my perception of safe water and with said bottled water, myself nor the dogs have ever experienced any intestinal problems that I'm aware of. In a Nutshell, if it works for you, do what you want!

Calm down there tiger. It is not our concern you drink out of the toilet. The OP asked about filters and what others are doing and the results we are getting. We know most Americans drink out of the toilet, err, straight from the tap. This is not news-worthy. I hate to see people get so violent on a forum

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/19 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That bottled water you are drinking is more than likely tap water... Perception is often not reality.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/19 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

That bottled water you are drinking is more than likely tap water...

Read the bottle label. A lot of the water goes through RO. However, there is the occasional Consumer Reports bottle water tests or the Perrier benzene fiasco.

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im as calm as can be but to hear others tell another what they should, should not do is no different to having a porch light on in your own campsite. Oh...their afraid of the dark, oh their afraid of the campground water. I'm just saying...whatever!!

Edit:
What do you know...two brands of bottled I drink are on the top ten! LOL

* This post was edited 05/20/19 07:20pm by Acampingwewillgo *

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Considering most y'all have been AARP members for a while now, I just gotta ask....

How'd y'all that won't drink anything but triple filtered fully krausened water make it so many trips around the sun?

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/19 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Although I'd have to be pretty d@mn thirsty to drink out of cattle track puddles or a stock tank. Now the well feeding the stock tank, different story.

Lol...I have used a water tank hose to drink many times, when dirt biking the high meadow back country. Of course that was before getting the fancy backpack, with bladder and mouth piece to suck. [emoticon]

Jerry

OleManOleCan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/19 11:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In my original post I failed to mention we always carry a case of bottled water.
My wife and I guzzle water, so a case or two has been our normal.
My only question is do people make coffee with campground water,
or carry gallons of water for coffee?
We drink a lot of coffee.
Guess I wasn't clear on the campground water question. Sorry yall...

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/19 11:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

for coffee, i use the water from my fresh water tank to make coffee
i have an installed water filter that goes to a fill tap at the kitchen counter
OEM install. just change the filter as needed

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/19 05:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I understand you are concerned about the quality of campground water and want to drink bottled water. I would think you would want to use bottled water to make coffee for the same reasons. You might also want to think about using bottled water to brush your teeth and for a final rinse after washing dishes.

Lots of contaminants can be absorbed through the skin. If the water is not safe to drink, I am not sure I would feel safe using it for bathing. Also consider that the shower will generator lots of aerosols that could contain contaminants such as mold, bacteria, viruses, heavy metals and organics such as pesticides and other petrochemicals. Do you really want to breath those contaminants while you shower?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Drinking Campground Water...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS