RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Leveling and turning on your refrigerator?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Leveling and turning on your refrigerator?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 01:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

only time you MUST TURN OFF is when fueling or you could be on the 6pm news.

Exactly how far away from the gas pumps do you stop in order to turn off the fridge? And exactly how far away from the gas pumps do you stop in order to turn the fridge back on?

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Dachshund (RIP)
www.thetravelingkoala.blogspot.com
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg

And Blue Ox WDH/Sway Control

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Atlee wrote:

midnightsadie wrote:

Exactly how far away from the gas pumps do you stop in order to turn off the fridge? And exactly how far away from the gas pumps do you stop in order to turn the fridge back on?

Legally, it depends on the state laws regarding smoking or open flames near gas pumps. I think it's often something in the range of 50 feet to 150 feet, but I may be wrong.

aftermath

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

Ah, and here it is. Another ill informed statement aimed at frightening people into a needless choice. This continues to be my number one pet peeve. I will ask midnightsadie to provide any link to a fire caused by leaving the fridge on. I did see one where an elderly gentleman lost control of a gas nozzle and sprayed the side of his camper van, not a trailer, where the fridge was located. Yes, it went up in flames. The next time you fuel up, take a look at where the gas hose is located and where your fridge is located. Mine is a good 20 feet or more away and on the other side. It is also located pretty high up on the side of the trailer. Gas vapors are heavy and will sink to the ground. The chances of such fumes reaching the fridge with enough concentration to erupt in flames is.....well....near impossible.

AS far as level goes, 3 percent means 3 per hundred. 3 inches in 100 inches, or if you have a 25 ft. trailer, 9 inches in 300 inches. So, if you are more than 9 inches out of level then you might have an issue with your fridge. My dealer said that if you are comfortable sleeping and walking around the trailer then you are level enough. To think that you have to be spot on with your bubble is simply wrong.

2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Leveling and turning on your refrigerator?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS