|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Keyless vehicles

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/19 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Just gotta love the "convenience" of those "keyless" locks that need a backup key "just in case". If you have to carry a key in addition to the fob, why bother?
Try it once, you'll never go back. The key never has to come out of your pocket. You don't have to fish for it while holding 3 or 4 bags of groceries. You won't lock it in the vehicle because it is still in your pocket when you exit. Not only that, the vehicle won't let you lock it if the fob is inside. It's an advancement pure and simple.

My truck even warns me when the fob battery is getting low.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

pennysmom09

Delaware

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/19 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Just gotta love the "convenience" of those "keyless" locks that need a backup key "just in case". If you have to carry a key in addition to the fob, why bother?

You have to carry the fob, so an additional key is right there. Keyless is very convenient, no fumbling around to,open the door or start ignition.

Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/19 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Try it once, you'll never go back. The key never has to come out of your pocket. You don't have to fish for it while holding 3 or 4 bags of groceries. You won't lock it in the vehicle because it is still in your pocket when you exit. Not only that, the vehicle won't let you lock it if the fob is inside. It's an advancement pure and simple.

X2 Key is in the FOB so no extra key to carry. Move my foot under the back to open/close the SUV hatch.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/19 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the 4 years I've had my keyless Ram, I've NEVER had to use the key that's in the fob.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/19 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it is obvious to me that the "naysayers" have never had a "modern" vehicle. [emoticon]

bumpy

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/19 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love the keyless and push button start. Never take the fob out of my pocket and haven't used the mechanical key in six years, the only time I see it is when I remove it from the fob to change the battery. The car knows when the fob is inside the car and won't let you lock it inside. Good stuff like that.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/19 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I didn't think about the key being inside the HUGE darn fob, but there it was, very hard to get and I sincerely doubt my wife could ever get it out without help.

There is a key slot in the door handle, now I have to find the one inside the vehicle.

I really like the old ones better, they are now $5 to $10 each and easy to program. My wife doesn't have her keys on the fob ring because it is too big for her pockets if she leaves her purse in the car.

And yes you can lock the fob inside at least some of the cars. If my wife leaves hers in the car I can lock the doors with my fob.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster Invisibrake

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/19 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine won't lock if there is a fob in the car. There is a slot for the whole fob in my car, not one for a separate key. My wife really likes keyless/ pushbutton because she never has to fish around in a purse for her car key. I don't know what kind of car you have but the keyless fob for my Audi isn't any bigger than the remote for my truck which doesn't have keyless.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/19 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you all like them I don't really care. To me they are a "convenience", and one I can easily live without. Complexity in all things is not necessarily a good thing. Free country, don'cha know.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/19 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

X5 or so!
Fob is always in my pants pocket, need to get in, if only to drive grab drivers door handle, only drivers door unlocks. If I want to get in the tailgate, walk past passenger door and simply slip a finger behind the door handle, all doors and Tailgate unlock.
Love this as much as my rain sensing wipers.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Keyless vehicles
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS