RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Wife thinks I'm nuts...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Wife thinks I'm nuts...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
paddykernahan

Westland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/19 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I spent $130,000 for a MH.
Keeping the engine bay clean is something I want to do.
I autocross a Miata and do the same to the engine compartment.
At every event there will always be someone that compliments me on how clean a 25 year old car is.

Both the Miata and MH are hobbies, I will take the extra time to keep them clean.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some people take great pains to maintain a vehicle in new condition. I wish I had better perfectionist genes. I build and fly scale model planes but don't let perfectionism bog me down like it used to do, but that's me.

sprint99

Merton, WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Underside of hood is done at least once a year. As well as removing the wheel covers and washing the inside of those as well- so while I am at it then that is a good time to clean all the brake dust and gunk from the wheels. I've also been known to completely hand wash (bucket/rag) the interior too.

Our rig also travels with a stocked container with wash, wax, towels, etc. The exterior will get at least on wax job every season.

It's my way (not taking anything away from anyone else) of showing my appreciation and pride in owning our MH and the joy we have taking it out on our journeys. That's all the payback I need for doing those things. That and knowing how our dealer beamed in excitement when we traded our last unit in on how clean and well taken care of it was. DW and I feel we got a trade-in value well worth the extra time it takes to take care of what we have.

What was even cooler was seeing people looking at our trade-in and inquiring on purchase while we were still at the dealership doing the paperwork on delivery for our new one! lol

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sprint99 wrote:

Underside of hood is done at least once a year. As well as removing the wheel covers and washing the inside of those as well- so while I am at it then that is a good time to clean all the brake dust and gunk from the wheels. I've also been known to completely hand wash (bucket/rag) the interior too.

Our rig also travels with a stocked container with wash, wax, towels, etc. The exterior will get at least on wax job every season.

It's my way (not taking anything away from anyone else) of showing my appreciation and pride in owning our MH and the joy we have taking it out on our journeys. That's all the payback I need for doing those things. That and knowing how our dealer beamed in excitement when we traded our last unit in on how clean and well taken care of it was. DW and I feel we got a trade-in value well worth the extra time it takes to take care of what we have.

What was even cooler was seeing people looking at our trade-in and inquiring on purchase while we were still at the dealership doing the paperwork on delivery for our new one! lol

Way to go on keeping your rig clean!!

How often did/do you pull up the radio antenna and clean the sections that are normally pushed down inside whenever the antenna isn't extended all the way?

I do the above periodically on our Class C ... plus clean the inside of the cover for the fresh water fill port. [emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Wife thinks I'm nuts...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS