RV.Net Open Roads Forum: freezer solutions for new rv'er/elk hunter. Arctic Fox 990

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> freezer solutions for new rv'er/elk hunter. Arctic Fox 990

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

new2this44 wrote:

Thank you all very much for your ideas! I'm looking in to all of the suggestions. A lot to think about!

To clarify, I'll be full-timing in the camper. There will be no dedicated hunting site. I'll hunt again when I run out of meat/there is room in the freezer.

That changes the equation from what I'm used to seeing. I would still look at a small chest freezer, generator or primarily solar and more batteries on a small utility trailer, before I would swap out the fridge for a freezer.

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

new2this44 wrote:

Thank you all very much for your ideas! I'm looking in to all of the suggestions. A lot to think about!

To clarify, I'll be full-timing in the camper. There will be no dedicated hunting site. I'll hunt again when I run out of meat/there is room in the freezer.

In that case, I would be looking at the Engle units someone else mentioned.

You need efficiency if you won't be plugged in all the time. These unit are designed for that.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's the nice thing about beer. You can drink it cold or warm.
No refrigeration needed. [emoticon]

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know this idea is pretty far out there, and it would require a lot of labor,. But you could also can it. That would be a good way to go if you don’t want to get a freezer, don’t want to change the arctic fox,

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We carried a " dorm " size freezer in our trailer for a while , ran it off an inverter and a pair of golf cart batts. We could go 3 and 4 days without recharging .

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/19 11:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Powering it full time presuming you'll be in the back country quite a bit (I would if I was FT in a TC!) will be a challenge. I'm not familiar with propane freezers though.
Was gonna suggest little chest freezer on a hitch rack but that ain't practical full time.

Not a lot of room in a TC to put a freezer even if you run a generator daily to keep it frozen. Only thing I can think is if you don't use the oven you might fit one in place of the stove and just use a campstove or portable cook top on top of it. And a 120v pizza oven for when you gotta have a frozen pizza or biscuits or ......

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

zcookiemonstar

Midwest

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/19 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

there are a lot of reviews on youtube for 12volt ref/freezers. That is what some of the nomads living in there vans cars or campers use. Many run them on solar power.

exaple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29GD6bvzUJ0

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> freezer solutions for new rv'er/elk hunter. Arctic Fox 990
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS