RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Adios...Again!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Adios...Again!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Area13

Fox Island, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/19 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm 99.9% sure we're done for a long time! I prefer truck campers, tried several with the wife, unfortunately didn't work. She loves hittin the road in a TT. I get to keep my expensive fishing boat, she gets a TT! Now I'm gonna fish from shore when camping. When not camping, my residence is 2 minutes from the boat launch (Puget Sound), I will still fish from my boat a LOT. We both win I guess...
My Host Cascade that we had built and owned for 13 months was AWESOME. Fortunately I got out of it for just a smidge less ($900) than I bought it for. The tax beat me up a bit, but we used it a bunch and had some great adventures. If anyone is going to buy a new TC, buy from Apachee. Go straight to Kevin Baker (owner), he's straight forward and will get you the best price, anywhere. I got mine super cheap, including at 2018 prices when it was one of the first 2019's.
New rig (through Apachee) is a little ORV Creekside 21RD. Simple well built rig that should be easy to get in to tight spots and off grid. It will completely fit under my carport and will be good for what we do, weekend mostly trips.
Thanks for all the support during my camper years (Snow River, Adventurer 910DB, Host Cascade), learned a ton here.

2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Faststreak

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/19 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love my Cascade. Also traveled to Apache to get it. I too pull my bass boat behind my TC. Enjoy your new adventure

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/19 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 2x Apache customer too. They have been great and work to build repeat customers rather than just making a quick sale.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too fare for me to go, I'm at the other end of the country. I deal with Outpost RV in Goshen, Indiana. Same deal, no push, no pressure you deide and then the quote you a price and usually it's better than anyone else plus they have a huge service department and hookups right in the lot (for overnighters).

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

billyray50

North Dallas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/19 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pros and cons and tradeoffs with any style of RV. Got to find what works best for ones situation. Hosts are nice but we could not do long term in any TC. Thats why we have a 42 foot FW and now sold the 2014 Adventurer 910DB. I did go by a 2015 Lance 1050s after 6 months. Cannot seem to stay away from TCs yet. Little bigger and better layout than 910db. We use it for shorter trips and places the FW cant go. All the best to you.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have fun with new setup.
In over 30 years of RVing, I we did own all kind but 5th wheel.
Moved to TC from 40' bus conversion, but at the time when sons moved out, so we are fine in it.
In 2017 we slept over 100 nights in TC, what was when house sold and we had lot of stuff in it.
I made a bracket to carry 16' canoe on top of TC, so lot of combinations possible and likely you can do one easy on your TT.
Add a battery + electric motor and you don't need boat anymore for fishing.

* This post was last edited 06/01/19 12:40pm by Kayteg1 *   View edit history

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/19 12:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on the ORV 21RD. ORV or Northwood TTs are at the top of my list.
I almost bought a 21RBS last year. I liked the 20RD too, except for the small table and u shaped dinette.

21RD gives you the normal dinette (or lounge chairs) and a normal queen bed.

I ended up finding a good deal on this one (pre-owned) and saved a bunch of money.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2015 Nash 17k (bought pre-owned 5/23/18)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

Area13

Fox Island, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/19 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Faststreak wrote:

Love my Cascade. Also traveled to Apache to get it. I too pull my bass boat behind my TC. Enjoy your new adventure

Thanks Eddie.Glad your setup is working for you and the misses, Cascade is an awesome camper.

Area13

Fox Island, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/19 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

I am 2x Apache customer too. They have been great and work to build repeat customers rather than just making a quick sale.

The best, agreed.

Area13

Fox Island, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/19 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billyray50 wrote:

Pros and cons and tradeoffs with any style of RV. Got to find what works best for ones situation. Hosts are nice but we could not do long term in any TC. Thats why we have a 42 foot FW and now sold the 2014 Adventurer 910DB. I did go by a 2015 Lance 1050s after 6 months. Cannot seem to stay away from TCs yet. Little bigger and better layout than 910db. We use it for shorter trips and places the FW cant go. All the best to you.

Best of both worlds! I'm thinkin that too with the TT and Boat.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Adios...Again!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS