RV.Net Open Roads Forum: LED Bulbs for trailer interior in a real store, not online?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> LED Bulbs for trailer interior in a real store, not online?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out 12 volt landscape lighting bulbs at Lowes or Home Depot. They are marketed for 12 volts AC, but many are designed to work with DC. The package probably says 12 V AC, but the bulb itself will probably be stamped "12 VAC/DC."

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Menards and Walmart both have good selections. I get mine from Superbright LED's online. Never had an issue with returns either.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

Lots of great tips -- thanks! And to those who suggest that I shop online, I may have to do that sometimes. But I try not to. Otherwise, where will all those sales people find jobs? There are so many half-empty shopping centers all over the country.

Pretty simple.

Do what I and many others have done, be proactive, get additional education above high school then ACTIVELY SEEK REAL PAYING JOBS.

Retail sales jobs have ALWAYS BEEN ENTRY LEVEL JOBS.

Retail sales are jobs which traditionally are for folks starting out into the real world of work and were never intended on supporting a mature adult nor family.

Making this move means folks have to get out of their "comfy zone" and stretch a bit. That means they must be willing to put some effort into life rather than just be content with living at poverty level and waiting for others to hand them stuff.

I HAVE put forth a lot of effort in life and resent folks that feel that they should be able to start work in an entry level job and get paid the same wage or more than what I make..

Because I put a lot of energy into my life, I CAN if I wanted to walk away from my job and never work again at age 54! I have everything I ever wanted and them some, house paid off, multiple vehicles paid off, RV paid for in cash and much more..

I have seen a lot of lazy folks, I have had to train a lot of lazy folks I have only worked with TWO people that I can honestly say they were willing to put some effort into making their lives better, they moved into higher paying jobs.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

Lots of great tips -- thanks! And to those who suggest that I shop online, I may have to do that sometimes. But I try not to. Otherwise, where will all those sales people find jobs? There are so many half-empty shopping centers all over the country.
Those online stores employ people too. Order filling, packaging, shipping, delivery all require employees.

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For my motorhome, I initially bought these flat panel bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FSI........yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[image]

Which as it turns out, had no heat sink capability and no name LED elements. They looked great, were easy to install, has the 4500K natural light color, and a lumen capacity similar to the 1141 bulbs I was replacing. What could go wrong? well, they were cheap junk, that is what. They all worked but in the course of the first year of light use, the elements, one by one, started failing, making for less light from the panel. Eventually, I gave up and that is when I did a full conversion to LED flat panels with the elements being separated from the driver circuity by an air gap, and the capability of dissipating heat.

[image]

Companies like M4Products and SuperBrightLEDs, while charging more for their products, go to great lengths to provide a product that won't fail, provides the expected light and color, and back them with a good warranty.

I consider spending the extra money to get a well made long lasting product, worth every penny.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to M4Products other than being a satisfied customer. I learned of the company and their products thru the RVGeeks videos on LED upgrades, and in fact, if you do order, watch one of the videos, and specify "rvgeeks5" as a discount code to get 5% off the purchase price.

Charles

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

profdant139 wrote:

Pretty simple.

Do what I and many others have done, be proactive, get additional education above high school then ACTIVELY SEEK REAL PAYING JOBS.

Retail sales jobs have ALWAYS BEEN ENTRY LEVEL JOBS.

Retail sales are jobs which traditionally are for folks starting out into the real world of work and were never intended on supporting a mature adult nor family.

Making this move means folks have to get out of their "comfy zone" and stretch a bit. That means they must be willing to put some effort into life rather than just be content with living at poverty level and waiting for others to hand them stuff.

I HAVE put forth a lot of effort in life and resent folks that feel that they should be able to start work in an entry level job and get paid the same wage or more than what I make..

Because I put a lot of energy into my life, I CAN if I wanted to walk away from my job and never work again at age 54! I have everything I ever wanted and them some, house paid off, multiple vehicles paid off, RV paid for in cash and much more..

I have seen a lot of lazy folks, I have had to train a lot of lazy folks I have only worked with TWO people that I can honestly say they were willing to put some effort into making their lives better, they moved into higher paying jobs.
You are describing clerks and order takers, not real salesmen. A genuine, able salesman can earn an excellent living. My dad was a salesman for 30 years, and was earning six figures back in the '70s. But still, the order takers perform important and valued work too. Without people willing to take your order at the restaurant or check you in at the campground, where would you be? The OP doesn't want to see all the little stores disappear, and that is okay. We all have our quirks, habits, pet projects and motivations.

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... (Ecclesiastes 3)
Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/19 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

O'Reilly Auto Parts and AutoZone auto parts have LED bulbs along with Walmart.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/19 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

profdant139 wrote:

Those online stores employ people too. Order filling, packaging, shipping, delivery all require employees.

True, but I always try to buy local to keep the economy going where I live. I try small, independent stores before big box stores, though that’s getting more difficult.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/19 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I tried. I went to Camping World -- they did not carry what I needed. Nor did any of the three auto parts stores I visited. Calls to local light bulb stores (yes, there are such things in SoCal -- it's a huge market) were also fruitless.

So now I am forced to go online. Thankfully, as a result of the recommendations above, I have learned that there are online sources that are reputable and reliable, and not just some anonymous vendor selling cheap knockoffs.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/19 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if this is a option for you. I just took out all the incandescent light fixtures in a current trailer project and replaced them with led light fixtures for not a lot of cost. I did get them on line.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> LED Bulbs for trailer interior in a real store, not online?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.