|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Choosing a travel trailer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
normal_dave

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/19 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you really want to see construction and quality differences, head over to Chilliwack, get a look at an Outdoors RV like this one:
Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 28BKS

1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

normal_dave wrote:

If you really want to see construction and quality differences, head over to Chilliwack, get a look at an Outdoors RV like this one:
Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 28BKS

There are indeed quality differences across the wide range of manufacturers, and some are just better than others. Granted, most people who are shopping specifically for an Outdoors RV product probably know the difference. But the floor plan for the model shown in this link is no different than dozens of other units that you can pick up for $20K to $30K...so if you're trying to sell me this unit for $60K, you might want to do better than 5 pictures on a website and a generic description LOL

"LED Lights, Power Tongue Jack w/LED Light, Stabilizer Jacks, Awning, LED HD TV w/HDMI Bluetooth DVD Sound System, Skylight, Air Conditioner, Shower, Spare Tire, TV Antenna, 12 Volt Triple Charge Station, Slide-Out Overhead Cabinets, Laminated Fiberglass Construction, Battery Disconnect, Black Tank Flush, Exterior Shower..."

Wow, sounds real exclusive [emoticon]

Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/19 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WTP-GC wrote:

I know that a lot of people say this...its one of the most repeated statements on here. But IMO, that's way down the list on important issues. I certainly would not base my decision on this factor. Personally, I've never been in a place where I couldn't easily press the little switch to extend the slide, even if only stopped for a few minutes. Takes less than 15 seconds each way...

I wouldn't entirely rule out a trailer, I really like at a great price, over it but it's certainly something undesirable.

When you are in the middle of nowhere and there is just a 10' shoulder, the idea of extending the slide into the open lane of traffic to use the bathroom, doesn't seem a great idea but that's just me.

We've also ran into sever wind where the trailer was rocking a lot. It was nice to be able to pull the slide in and stop the rocking...while still being able to function inside the trailer.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

WTP-GC

FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

We've also ran into sever wind where the trailer was rocking a lot. It was nice to be able to pull the slide in and stop the rocking...while still being able to function inside the trailer.

If we pull our slide in, the kids would be locked in their bunk room. That might be something to try one day LOL

ivbinconned

highway 16

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doing a quick read here I noted that no one has mentioned one of the first things I look for in a potential trailer for us. Admittedly perhaps rare today.
I will go no further than a scan of the curb side look at a trailer. If the awning does not shade and cover the door entrance way completely I walk away.
Many models with the curb side slides that come very close to the entrance have awnings that end just inches past the door. On a rainy day the entire step and entrance area get wet!
I hate it and so will your wife.

Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Choosing a travel trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS