RV.Net Open Roads Forum: How many seconds to extend your slide(s)?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How many seconds to extend your slide(s)?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
blownstang01

Upstate NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours with the dual electric slide arms takes about 30 seconds(guess). Kinda slow, but ours (31' Winnebago) has everything fully accessible with the slide in. It's one of the things I look for when looking at newer ones. I can't imagine moving the slide to get to anything.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My slide takes less time than it took me to read this thread.

So, Im happy with that.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/19 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

15,20,30 secs. I just want it to keep working. [emoticon]

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Wow...that is slooowwww! I will check mine, but 15 seconds sounds about right to me.

You should plug into 240 while extending, and cut that time in half. [emoticon]

Jerry

Considering your slides work off your 12V system, if plugging into shore power helps, you probably have a weak battery. Mine operate the same speed, regardless.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/19 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WTP-GC wrote:

CA Traveler wrote:

And a rig with no control of individual slides would be a deal breaker for me...

And that right there is why no topic on this forum can ever be reasonably debated (no offense CA Traveler). Every RV shopper/owner has a few things that matter to them which may mean absolutely nothing to the next person. I've never had a rig with more than one slide anyway LOL.

For example, there's a chance that you might read a raging thread on here where people talk about how you should know all the weights of your rig to make sure you're towing safely...but those of us with more than enough truck don't care about weights. I've had people on here in the past tell me that I should check my weights...a 10,000 lb 5er pulled by a 3500 Cummins DRW (previous arrangement). The exact weights of any part of that rig were of no concern to me because I usually haul around a 24K backhoe/trailer combo with the same truck...
(rant over)

It takes me less than 15 seconds to extend my single electric slide.

And offers good knowledge. I’ve never seen an RV where one switch operates all the slides at the same time.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

discovery4us

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never timed it and never will but I would guess less than 30 seconds. For us it is not the time it takes but trying to avoid oncoming traffic on two lane highways that makes it inconvenient to put the slides out to access the fridge and bathroom [emoticon]. One of the main reasons we switched to a MH was to have full access to amenities while in motion. On the FW having to move the slide was not a problem because we had to stop regardless.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Full access with our 14' slide in was a key criteria in buying our current motorhome. The only things we lose with it in are one seldom used 120-volt outlet, a view of one picture on a wall, and the view out two small windows. We often leave the slide in when the weather is below freezing so there's less area to heat.

Oh, and I just timed it, 28 seconds out and 26 seconds in with an electric gear drive.

* This post was edited 06/07/19 07:55pm by Dutch_12078 *

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

WTP-GC wrote:

CA Traveler wrote:

And a rig with no control of individual slides would be a deal breaker for me...

And that right there is why no topic on this forum can ever be reasonably debated (no offense CA Traveler). Every RV shopper/owner has a few things that matter to them which may mean absolutely nothing to the next person. I've never had a rig with more than one slide anyway LOL.

For example, there's a chance that you might read a raging thread on here where people talk about how you should know all the weights of your rig to make sure you're towing safely...but those of us with more than enough truck don't care about weights. I've had people on here in the past tell me that I should check my weights...a 10,000 lb 5er pulled by a 3500 Cummins DRW (previous arrangement). The exact weights of any part of that rig were of no concern to me because I usually haul around a 24K backhoe/trailer combo with the same truck...
(rant over)

It takes me less than 15 seconds to extend my single electric slide.

And offers good knowledge. I’ve never seen an RV where one switch operates all the slides at the same time.
My Cherokee uses hydraulics to operate both slides off the same switch, the bedroom slide goes out first then the large slide for the living/dining area. Never timed how long it takes, I don't care as long as they work.

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our TT has 4 slides, 3 on the street side and 1 on the curb side. The largest slide, in the living room is the longest and deepest. It takes about 20-25 seconds to fully extended. The others are not quite as deep and take a few seconds less.

With all the slides in, the bunkhouse is completely cut off. We can get to the fridge, the main bedroom and main bathroom with all slides in. Each slide has its own switch. I wish the slide controls were all together, but they are not. Switch for living room slide is in the control panel, main bedroom slide switch is in the main bedroom and the 2 slide switches for the bunkhouse slides are in the bunkhouse. The living room slide must be fully extended to access the bunkhouse.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/19 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdb7566 wrote:

MFL wrote:

Wow...that is slooowwww! I will check mine, but 15 seconds sounds about right to me.

You should plug into 240 while extending, and cut that time in half. [emoticon]

Jerry

Considering your slides work off your 12V system, if plugging into shore power helps, you probably have a weak battery. Mine operate the same speed, regardless.

Here you go jdb7566, since you are the only one, that didn't realize I was JOKING. How bout connecting batteries to make 24 volts, and cut that time in half. [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Jerry

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How many seconds to extend your slide(s)?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS