|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/19 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

If you have a trailer and your camper does not have an engine that can run on their own (I am being legalese here) you have the protection of "castle doctrine". Your camper or RV is treated like a house that an LEO cannot search without a warrant. There are some states, however, that don't have passed their own law to reverse or did not affirm this castle doctrine, so you might need to check as a precaution.

Correct me if I am wrong, but cant they refuse entry to their state (I'm thinking CA produce search at the border here) if you refuse a search of your TT?

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/19 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

Have you tried CBD oil? It works for some folks and some ailments, and it's legal everywhere.

That is part of it but the THC is also a component and recommended by my doctor as they work together.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/19 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michigan is one of the states where weed for any use is legal and the stores that sell it will be on line by mid 2020.
I agree that after a absence of more than 30 years (do to drug testing at work)it is really a new found experience with the MM. I have COPD so doc said no smoke or vapor. I am 72 years old and when me and the wife (I am her care giver in this case) tried the CBL's and the gummies with both THC and CBL it was an awakening. Wow it is almost as if being a hippy again is a new way of life. I can say that the aches and pains have become far less intense and our mobility has increased greatly. Sure brings back memories of the past, and with those wild and crazy afternoons in the bedroom have definitely become a welcome item.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/19 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

If you have a trailer and your camper does not have an engine that can run on their own (I am being legalese here) you have the protection of "castle doctrine". Your camper or RV is treated like a house that an LEO cannot search without a warrant. There are some states, however, that don't have passed their own law to reverse or did not affirm this castle doctrine, so you might need to check as a precaution.
The most likely scenario for a search would be you are towing, stopped at either a DWI checkpoint or for a traffic violation and a drug dog alerts on your trailer. Don't think you can claim it as you "Castle" because it doesn't have an engine any more than you could claim a utility trailer was immune to search due to being unable to move by itself.
You are at the mercy of the laws of the state you are traveling in when it comes to Marijuana possession and even in states where it is legal to possess, transporting or possessing large amounts (California over one ounce) legally purchased is still a crime.

* This post was edited 06/09/19 05:11pm by westernrvparkowner *

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/19 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tequila!!!!!! Legal in every state.

OleManOleCan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 12:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

Don't try and cross the Can/US border either. While it may be legal either side of a border crossing, the border is controlled by Feds and is not considered legal to them, at least by CBP (US).

While MJ has been legalized by certain states, it is still against U.S Federal Law.
Many LEO will give you a pass if you show them a Doctors prescription for the drug.
BUT... There are 'Hardasses' out there who would charge you.
You might win in court, but you would have been jailed, and hired an Attorney,
plus you would be out the price of the drug.
If you decide to take a chance on the LEO being lenient...
My advice as a retired Police Lieutenant would be to lay low, avoid conflict, don't draw attention to yourself. Avoid crowds where someone might do something
stupid and draw attention to those there.
If you are stopped, be polite, even if you don't agree with why you were stopped.
Keep a couple of copies of Doctors prescription on you at all time.
Make sure you advise the LEO that you are not a well man, and the prescription
is to dull the pain.
If sympathy doesn't win the day... be prepared to go to jail.
Keep a lawyers phone number on speed dial. They are expensive, but
they are worth what you pay them.
And remember... It's always better to be an anonymous face in the crowd,
than to strut like a Peacock.

K3WE

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why is this thread in Travel Trailers?

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

K3WE wrote:

Why is this thread in Travel Trailers?
I have no idea.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got recruited a long time ago to join a large consulting firm.
The office manager told me "you are going to need to take a drug test."
He told me that for 6 weeks. and then I took the test.
No problema.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but cant they refuse entry to their state (I'm thinking CA produce search at the border here) if you refuse a search of your TT?

Consider yourself corrected. [emoticon]

There is a part 1 and 2 also if you have time. But part 3 is where the people that enforce the law get involved.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS