|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even if it is legal in a given state, anything with THC it is still illegal on any federal lands. So, camping at a forest service, COE campground your still illegal.

Here in Oregon there have been cases of arrests and prosecution for use on federal lands, usually triggered by unwanted behavior.

while growing hemp is now legal, CBD is questionably legal. Some links still show it as a schedule 1 drug with only a few legal applications.

I have used CBD for my knee and recovery from shoulder surgery, did definitely help, but when traveling out of state on any public transportation like airplanes, train, it's not with me. Just traveling in the car, it's usually with us.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Control_Freak wrote:

Also, if you have your medical marijuana card, you give up your right to have a CPL.

Absolutely incorrect. If you want the details, PM me and I share the whole story. Short story, there is no state law that states you can't have both. In fact the MM law specifically states it can't affect any other state license.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tdiller wrote:

philh wrote:

I've seen too many people benefit form weed.

Define helped. Were they cured or just didn't care 'cause they were high. Follow the money to see where this ends up.

Relative with Parkinson's, weed cookie completely stops his shaking. Cure parkisnson's no, but it makes the symptoms more manageable

A friend with Leukemia. She was not making progress beating back the disease with Chemo. Added weed to the mix and is now seeing improvement, to the point where they have backed off on the intensity of the chemo.

Another friend with brain cancer, which may or may not be surgically cured, was not eating due to Chemo. Weed candy has restored his appetite so he's at least eating now.

Another relative with fibermyolgia so bad, some days she just wants to cry. she takes a bunch of non narcotic pills that just barely cut her pain tolerance. She has a DOT license, so can't test positive. Has tried weed twice, and it cut her pain to nothing. She's right at the limit of pain pills to losing her medical, so at that point it won't matter anymore.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was incorrect about Kroger putting CBL in foods but they will have it in their pharmaceutical area.
I am surprised the Feds have not created some new and improved laws on the use of MM they are missing a tax hike, very strange for them.

Growing up in a weed culture and Vietnam it is strange that it has taken over 45 years for weed to be made legal here. Short of the slower states that will likely never approve, the rest should have new laws in a couple of years. A political cash grab is way to tempting.
For those that smoke this for recreation how many CGs have you been to where that telltale smell floats into your campsite? LOL

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’s just campfire smoke. ;-)

If nothing else worked as well as pot for whatever ailed me, I’d carry it along wherever.
But I would be quiet about it.
Sorta like having adult beverages in parks where alcohol is banned.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Control_Freak wrote:

Also, if you have your medical marijuana card, you give up your right to have a CPL.

Absolutely incorrect. If you want the details, PM me and I share the whole story. Short story, there is no state law that states you can't have both. In fact the MM law specifically states it can't affect any other state license.

Federal law prohibits users of illegal substances from possessing a firearm, period. Nothing to do with carrying.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrandpaKip wrote:

But I would be quiet about it.
Sorta like having adult beverages in parks where alcohol is banned.
That's exactly what you do. I walk a cat off leash but I don't go into the office and tell them.

* This post was edited 06/12/19 10:39am by 2oldman *

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

I was incorrect about Kroger putting CBL in foods but they will have it in their pharmaceutical area.
I am surprised the Feds have not created some new and improved laws on the use of MM they are missing a tax hike, very strange for them.

Growing up in a weed culture and Vietnam it is strange that it has taken over 45 years for weed to be made legal here. Short of the slower states that will likely never approve, the rest should have new laws in a couple of years. A political cash grab is way to tempting.
For those that smoke this for recreation how many CGs have you been to where that telltale smell floats into your campsite? LOL
It has taken so long because many people feel there just isn't a need to legalize an additional intoxicant and a product that will likely have long term health issues associated with it. I don't think that anyone believes that misuse of THC products is going to decrease due to legalization This will lead to more people being under the influence while driving. Professsionals performing many vital tasks (air traffic controller, surgeon, your CPA, Pilot, your kid's teacher and hundreds more) may be impaired in their duties.
As for health, I doubt that cognitive performance will increase with long term use. In the future, smoking will surely have detrimental effects on the lungs and probably other organs. I think it is likely that 20 years from now we will view Marijuana products similar to tobacco i.e. what were we thinking when we supported it's use and the businesses selling and promoting them.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

It has taken so long because many people feel there just isn't a need to legalize an additional intoxicant and a product that will likely have long term health issues associated with it.
But there is a need to arrest them?

We don't know the long term health issues because guess what.. the Federal gov't won't let it be tested because it's illegal. And you'd be shocked at some of the reasons it is.

It's much more civilized to regulate and sell legally than to keep pouring billions into the hands of cartels and the police industry. And we don't arrest people for smoking cigarettes.. although with the damage that and alcohol do, perhaps we should. That would never happen.

People's lives aren't destroyed by weed, they're destroyed by getting a felony arrest. I'm just glad states are coming to their senses and not only realizing what a waste of time arresting people is, but what a financial cash cow it is. And I mean cash, the frikin' government won't even let them use a bank account.

* This post was edited 06/12/19 03:13pm by 2oldman *

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of South Western Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman - I totally agree with what you are saying. No sense in making the cartels rich and given people a criminal record for possession of cannabis.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Medical marijuana
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS