RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Medical marijuana

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Medical marijuana

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
westernrvparkowner

montana

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2008

View Profile



Posted: 06/12/19 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

2oldman - I totally agree with what you are saying. No sense in making the cartels rich and given people a criminal record for possession of cannabis.
I personally have zero dogs in the fight. But the fact is criminal trafficing in cannabis has increased in places where it has been legalized. Seems the profit margin in illegal sales has increased due to the higher prices in legal shops brought about by the need for overhead (storefront, security systems employees, accounting etc) and taxes that the legal shops have. On top of that the illegal trade benefits from the fact the line between their illegal product and the legal product is now blurred. In my perfect world it would be decriminalized and hopefully a traffic fine structure would keep usage from exploding.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I was incorrect about Kroger putting CBL in foods but they will have it in their pharmaceutical area.
I am surprised the Feds have not created some new and improved laws on the use of MM they are missing a tax hike, very strange for them.

Growing up in a weed culture and Vietnam it is strange that it has taken over 45 years for weed to be made legal here. Short of the slower states that will likely never approve, the rest should have new laws in a couple of years. A political cash grab is way to tempting.
For those that smoke this for recreation how many CGs have you been to where that telltale smell floats into your campsite? LOL
It has taken so long because many people feel there just isn't a need to legalize an additional intoxicant and a product that will likely have long term health issues associated with it. I don't think that anyone believes that misuse of THC products is going to decrease due to legalization This will lead to more people being under the influence while driving. Professsionals performing many vital tasks (air traffic controller, surgeon, your CPA, Pilot, your kid's teacher and hundreds more) may be impaired in their duties.
As for health, I doubt that cognitive performance will increase with long term use. In the future, smoking will surely have detrimental effects on the lungs and probably other organs. I think it is likely that 20 years from now we will view Marijuana products similar to tobacco i.e. what were we thinking when we supported it's use and the businesses selling and promoting them.


Sorry you are from the aforementioned states that will never get it. Guess what I have COPD from working in construction and smoking tobacco. I will not smoke it or use vapor as per my doctors instruction. You and so many others in the mid west are lost in your own world but unfortunately it is 50 years behind the rest of us. God help you if you suffer from many different diseases and problems as life goes on and you are not able to use CBL or THC to relieve your aches and pains. But that is you and not the rest of the nation, thank God.


2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

westernrvparkowner

montana

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2008

View Profile



Posted: 06/12/19 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

westernrvparkowner wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I was incorrect about Kroger putting CBL in foods but they will have it in their pharmaceutical area.
I am surprised the Feds have not created some new and improved laws on the use of MM they are missing a tax hike, very strange for them.

Growing up in a weed culture and Vietnam it is strange that it has taken over 45 years for weed to be made legal here. Short of the slower states that will likely never approve, the rest should have new laws in a couple of years. A political cash grab is way to tempting.
For those that smoke this for recreation how many CGs have you been to where that telltale smell floats into your campsite? LOL
It has taken so long because many people feel there just isn't a need to legalize an additional intoxicant and a product that will likely have long term health issues associated with it. I don't think that anyone believes that misuse of THC products is going to decrease due to legalization This will lead to more people being under the influence while driving. Professsionals performing many vital tasks (air traffic controller, surgeon, your CPA, Pilot, your kid's teacher and hundreds more) may be impaired in their duties.
As for health, I doubt that cognitive performance will increase with long term use. In the future, smoking will surely have detrimental effects on the lungs and probably other organs. I think it is likely that 20 years from now we will view Marijuana products similar to tobacco i.e. what were we thinking when we supported it's use and the businesses selling and promoting them.


Sorry you are from the aforementioned states that will never get it. Guess what I have COPD from working in construction and smoking tobacco. I will not smoke it or use vapor as per my doctors instruction. You and so many others in the mid west are lost in your own world but unfortunately it is 50 years behind the rest of us. God help you if you suffer from many different diseases and problems as life goes on and you are not able to use CBL or THC to relieve your aches and pains. But that is you and not the rest of the nation, thank God.
I am totally not opposed to medicinal use. But I think even you would agree that simply because something has medicinal value that does not necessarily mean it should be available to anyone for recreational use or even for purposes of self medicating. Amphetamines, opiods, narcotics and a host of other drug categories are both beneficial and abuseable. Not everything that could help you needs to be available at the local Qwickee Mart.

philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

I personally have zero dogs in the fight. But the fact is criminal trafficing in cannabis has increased in places where it has been legalized.

Be very careful accepting the data analysis as presented.

Detroit area TV station did a town hall debate as MI was coming up to the vote to legalize MJ. One of the communities police chief's threw out three different statistics

1. Drug arrests have increased in CO in the last year by 25%. Technically he was correct. HOWEVER, he failed to mention a 90% decrease from the prior year. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the year before weed was legalized, there were something like 1100+ arrests for drugs. First year of legalization, 100. the next year 125.

2. insurance costs have increased 23%
He may have been correct... HOWEVER, he failed to mention the incredibly damaging hail storm that had passed through denver the prior year. Funny thing about insurance companies, they will make up losses after a devastating year.

3. Accidents have increased by 18%
This is the most troubling to me. There's been an increase in urban area population by the same 18%. That's not a 1:1 ratio.

Follow the money, always follow the money. With MJ being decriminalized or even legalized, there's no longer the same justification for enforcement dollars.

Walaby

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 11/10/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the primary reason states legalize it is for one purpose only.. The tax revenue they can generate. If it is illegal, but "decriminalized", there is no tax benefit. Legalize it and then you can tax it.

I can believe some of the medical benefits, and I hope that I will never have to experience the need for that benefit first hand. However, I also believe states start out by making MM legal, as the first step towards eventual legalizing it, and taxing it.

Mike


Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS


Lynnmor

Red Lion

Senior Member

Joined: 07/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 06/13/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

I believe the primary reason states legalize it is for one purpose only.. The tax revenue they can generate. If it is illegal, but "decriminalized", there is no tax benefit. Legalize it and then you can tax it.



Do you really believe that governments that are in the gambling, liquor, tobacco, toll taking, milk and ethanol businesses would stoop that low? [emoticon]





tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 06/13/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree this is another cash cow for government. You have see a doctor for your application (80 bucks0 and then the state charge you 60 bucks for the MM card. The price of components you need to relieve pain and suffering are not cheap as the state gets a cut of those also. BUT it works and even though the cost is high many turn to this as opposed to opiods or other pain killers.
To those that don't understand even regular weed usage it has been out there for years. Back in the 70's we did a lot of weed and hash but then drug testing at work stopped many of us. It has been a long drought but finally the state is figuring out that not only is this a money maker but many retired folks have returned to their roots.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 06/13/19 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are more reasons to legalize than just a cash cow.

- Stop spending billions of dollars fighting a drug war that cannot be won.
- Decrease the risk of people being introduced to hard drugs by the local dealer.
- Decrease the amount of money the cartels acquire.
- Supply people with organic cannabis not cut with other harmful drugs.
- Stop incarcerating people for simple possession.

The above is just a few reasons to legalize.

Walaby

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 11/10/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/13/19 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your first point makes zero sense. So, legalize pot, and just stop the drug war, and allow all the other illicit drugs to come on in? Do you really think we're spending billions of dollars just to stop pot?

Other points may have some validity. But, let's face it..Colorado, for example, was totally up front and admitted they were after the tax revenue. Others maybe weren't as up front, but you can bet that was the principal consideration. I don't believe they care a rip for the reasons you point out.

Mike

2oldman

New Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/19 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

. So, legalize pot, and just stop the drug war, and allow all the other illicit drugs to come on in? Do you really think we're spending billions of dollars just to stop pot?
He doesn't mean the entire war, the the war on weed. Billions? Considering the surveillance, arrests, trials, jails.. etc, it could be billions just for pot. Or at least it used to be.

The other drugs seem to be coming in just fine, probably in Travel trailers.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Medical marijuana
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS