|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th wheel hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jaycocamprs

Ringgold Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Dave H M wrote:

so what is wrong with a Reese 15K?.. I been running one with the 10K fifth wheel for eons.

Was going to ask the same thing , bought new, a 18K Reese Signature same head as the Elite, 12 years ago. Been a great hitch . Granted not a 15K, but the non the less a Reese. I would venture to guess probably more Reese hitches out there then any other .

Previous to the 18K, I had the 16K Reese , equally a good hitch, but wanted a higher weight rated hitch.

Not really anything wrong with the Reese Hitch. I ran a 16K Select for 14 years. But there are better hitches. When we bought our 18 truck we bought it with the 5'th wheel prep. Also a new B&W in those factory mounts. The B&W is a better made hitch, closer tolerances and heaver gauge steel. The result is less slop, which means less jerking and less noise.

2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

op wrote:

we are thinking of returning to a 5th wheel. small one - mid 20 ft range. about same size as the one we had before. there is only the 2 of us, so we do not need a bigger one. question is - I have been looking at the same Reese 15K pro series hitch. But I have also saw a similar Curtis series hitch. The difference is about $100 less for the Curtis. Any comments?

Its been almost two weeks since the OP asked a simple question about two different hitch brands for his very light weight trailer and as usual it turns into same ol' same ol' mine is best krapz.
Either of the two hitches the OP asked about will work fine for that small trailer.
My only recommendation is make sure the brand you choose will pivot 4 ways. Some of the lighter weight hitches some years back only pivoted fore and aft.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 10:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My dads RBW bar broke. I had one also THOUGHT it was a great hitch. Then went B&W. It was weird not hearing any creaking popping and slamming.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th wheel hitch
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS