|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Stove Burner Issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jkwilson wrote:

I’d suggest checking the stove gas pressure. Really should be an annual maintenance check.

How do you check your stove pressure annually?

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman ~~ Might be ridiculous ~ Bur that is the way it came

From the brochure for my 2007 Sunova ~ "3 burner 1 high output"

Faucet single-control, Moen,® Microwave Oven,
Pantry, Range Hood vented w/light & fan, Range
Top 3-burner w/pot & pan drawer, Receptacle(s)
duplex, Refrigerator/Freezer double-door
SSSSSS
Countertop w/flip-up extension SSSS S
Galley Upgrade Package range cover, silverware
tray, woodgrain raised-panel refrigerator door
insert, dinette storage wire baskets, Microwave/
Convection Oven, Range 3-burner (1 high-output)
w/oven
OOO

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/19 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine is adjustable, my rig is a 2002 so probably a 2005 stove. If you don't have the manual, it will be available on line. Read the manual and see what it says.

If there isn't any adjustment for the flame, NO, there isn't any other way of getting what you want, if the manual says it is adjustable, you need to use the stove and see if it adjusts according to the manual. If you can't adjust it, buy her a new stove.

Where is Doug when we need him or Chris. They are pros and know what way is up.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V

Art Davis

Shady Cove, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks all. Sorry I forgot to say, but as some of you surmised, it is a propane stove. Yes, two back burners are on-off and front (the large one) is adjustable. Checks with what the manual says, but my gosh! it would seem so easy for the mfr to make them all adjustable.

I guess my question is whether or not I could simply replace the back burners with adjustable ones.

I guess I can contact the mfr, but I have often found this resourceful bunch can come up with solutions which seem to elude the manufacturer!

Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/19 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Art Davis wrote:

Thanks all. Sorry I forgot to say, but as some of you surmised, it is a propane stove. Yes, two back burners are on-off and front (the large one) is adjustable. Checks with what the manual says, but my gosh! it would seem so easy for the mfr to make them all adjustable.

I guess my question is whether or not I could simply replace the back burners with adjustable ones.

I guess I can contact the mfr, but I have often found this resourceful bunch can come up with solutions which seem to elude the manufacturer!

No manufacturer is going to condone replacing the valves with a different style not approved and designed for the particular appliance, regardless of whether it works safely or not.

As a practical matter, on the stoves that I've seen, the difference between the front and back burners is usually just the control valve; the burner proper is the same (though the back ones do of course have longer supply tubes). Replacing the back control valves with ones intended for the front burner would in theory make them adjustable as well, but it also would mean the back burners give a higher maximum output and thereby may pose a fire hazard as they are closer to countertops and walls and other combustible surfaces than the front middle burner.

I'd live with setting the control between off and high, or replace the stove if you have a lot of excess cash sitting around that you would rather not have cluttering up the space.

Art Davis

Shady Cove, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

Art Davis wrote:

No manufacturer is going to condone replacing the valves with a different style not approved and designed for the particular appliance, regardless of whether it works safely or not.

As a practical matter, on the stoves that I've seen, the difference between the front and back burners is usually just the control valve; the burner proper is the same (though the back ones do of course have longer supply tubes). Replacing the back control valves with ones intended for the front burner would in theory make them adjustable as well, but it also would mean the back burners give a higher maximum output and thereby may pose a fire hazard as they are closer to countertops and walls and other combustible surfaces than the front middle burner.

I'd live with setting the control between off and high, or replace the stove if you have a lot of excess cash sitting around that you would rather not have cluttering up the space.

Certainly makes sense, but I am left asking why aren't low output burners also adjustable? Its not that we want higher output, just the ability to control the flame,

But I can clearly see that the consensus is to just hunker down and put up with the problem!

Nuff said!

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huuuuh ... what on Earth?

Our good old Winnebago Spirit Class C has a 3-burner Magic Chef propane cooktop and (of course) all three burners are adjustable .... just like in our stick and brick house propane cooktop.

This world sure has some funny stuff that folks wind up having to put up with. [emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Must have just been the option I chose.. Doesn't bother me any. I don't cook that much on High burner any way; simmer on the back burner. Wouldn't really want a HIGH burner next to the back wall.

JM2¢ ~~ YMMV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Stove Burner Issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS