|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Diesel Fill up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
one_strange_texan

New Caney, TX (when not on the road)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to mention something, since the original question was about using the big rig truck pumps vs RV lanes at Flying J or Pilot. Some have mentioned the downside of not being able to pay directly from the truck lanes. Pilot/Flying J does offer the RV Plus card, which can be used to pay at the pump at either RV, Auto, and Truck Diesel lanes.

You can apply online and they do a credit check on you, since basically they are administering you in a similar fashion to their commercial fleet customers. You call up your outstanding balance online and pay with a draft on the bank account of your choice. You have an online ID/password with them and a PIN for use at the pump with your RV Plus card. They do not bill you, you must go in and check on line routinely and pay the outstanding balance by the due date.

I have inquired as to the availability of this type of arrangement for non-commercial customers from other major truck stop chains such as Loves. It is not available at any others that I have found.

I now preferentially stop for fillups at Pilot/Flying J when I can, even though I think Loves are impressive, well run truck stops. Pilot/Flying J has extended this courtesy to me as an RV customer, telling me they value my business. Loves does not extend this courtesy, telling me they value my RV business less than Pilot/Flying J does.

one_strange_texan
2015 Montana 3402RL
2015 Ram Diesel 3500 4WD single axle

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

hotpepperkid wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

I cringe thinking back to the days before an aux tank in my bed. I haven't been to the pumps with my trailer in several years.

Its been over 10 years since I have been to the pumps with my trailer attached

You only stay in pull thru sites?

Ron, I think you have that backwards!

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

hotpepperkid wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

I cringe thinking back to the days before an aux tank in my bed. I haven't been to the pumps with my trailer in several years.

Its been over 10 years since I have been to the pumps with my trailer attached

You only stay in pull thru sites?

Ron, I think you have that backwards!

My comment was based on he never fills truck with RV attached so he must not like back in spaces either.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bigdon68

Churchville, Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I totally agree. My first year of camping and trying to get the 5'ver under the station awning did it for me. The real clincher was when the DW had to stop traffic while I backed out onto the highway. She said never again.
Auxiliary tank in the 2017 F450 is 55 gallons giving me a total of 103. The only stopping I do is the rest stop and when we get to the campground.

See MY PICTURES below

SidecarFlip wrote:

stickdog wrote:

You don't mention the year of your F350 both my 09 and my 17 accept the larger nozzle. Don't know about years earlier than 09.

My 'vintage' 97 F350 diesel fits the truck nozzle. It's a tight fit but it fits.

I always use the truck lanes 'cause I'm a truck...lol

I too have a 100 gallon in bed auxillary tank.

* This post was edited 06/13/19 08:36am by bigdon68 *

2017 F450 Lariat Shadow Black / Magnetic, LB, 6.7, Chrome Pkg. TS3 Air Hitch, Retrax, 55 Gal.Aux.Tank
2016 DRV Mobile Suites,induction cooktop, solar, full paint, MorRyde IS, 17.5" Tires,residential frig, 3" riser

MY PICTURES

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Diesel Fill up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS