|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Solo Women Travellers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is an unusual tack from this manufacturer
Quote:

New Pathfinder 4WD motorhome offers super-single option
With statistics showing that 22 per cent of their buyers are solo female travellers, Clontarf, Queensland-based off-road motorhome manufacturer Explorer is offering a super-single bed as an alternative sleeping option on its latest Pathfinder 4WD model that made its debut at the recent Queensland Caravan Supershow.

Based on the buyer’s choice of a Toyota Hilux or Ford Ranger cab chassis, the Pathfinder is Explorer’s first motorhome with a transverse front bed. The 900mm x 1000mm super-single, or alternative 1500mm x 1000mm double bed are located in the motorhome’s Luton peak, with those choosing the single bed option gaining additional storage space in the nose of the peakExplorer’s joint owner John Burke, said the number of single female travellers had grown in recent years, with four wheel drive motorhomes being their preferred mode of transport.

“Even if they never use the 4WD to its full capability, women like the security of knowing that it will get them out of a sticky situation in a wet National Park,” .While Burke said that few of Explorer's solo female customers took advantage of their vehicle’s 4WD to access remote areas, they had the confidence that their motorhome was built to take them there, if they wanted to.

“Our motorhomes have conquered all the major Outback Highways, the Canning Stock Route and even the Telegraph Track to Cape York,” he said. “Customers may not plan such adventurous travels, but they like to know they vehicle can.”

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Lwiddis

Near USFS Glass Creek CG, Inyo County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sexist advertising? Which “claim” wouldn’t solo men like? Is that a dry bath or just made to look like one?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the idea of niche marketing, something for everyone.
The concept that few people will use the capability, but they are happy to have it just in case is how we explain the demise of cars. Everyone seems to want to appear to be outdoorsy and own a "rugged vehicle" even if they never leave the pavement. Sometimes I think that the US is becoming the land of illusion.

Tiger4x4RV

Inland Empire, Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This approach sounds insulting to women. Will solo men also be able to purchase this single-bed option? Will solo men use the 4WD?

As a solo 4x4 Class C user for almost 30 years, I have often wished for a single bed option to free up more space for other functions in the small size rigs I prefer.

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tiger4x4RV wrote:

This approach sounds insulting to women. Will solo men also be able to purchase this single-bed option? Will solo men use the 4WD?

As a solo 4x4 Class C user for almost 30 years, I have often wished for a single bed option to free up more space for other functions in the small size rigs I prefer.

Not at all, as there is a large group of women who organised a solo women's Rally in Australia of RV users.
No the manufacturer is not excluding men at all, but showing how their small Motorhomes are female friendly

Artum Snowbird

Campbell River, B.C., Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doesn't the Majestic 19 foot fit this style? It sits on only four wheels, not six and the idea seems much the same. I actually met a single woman that truly enjoyed her Majestic 19, was definitely on her own, and did caravans with a single group quite often.

Mike and Carole
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 06:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Artum Snowbird wrote:

Doesn't the Majestic 19 foot fit this style? It sits on only four wheels, not six and the idea seems much the same. I actually met a single woman that truly enjoyed her Majestic 19, was definitely on her own, and did caravans with a single group quite often.

Seems very much a growing trend here, whether a Motorhome or a towed RV

vtchris

vermont

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/19 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a bad idea. I have been a solo female full timer for 15 years and have heard many stories of how sales people don't take single women seriously. And although the majority of buyers are couples, women are next. I have seen many more single women living in their RV than single men. As far as advertising a smaller bed, well that's hilarious...I just took that bed space, removed the large "camping mat" and put in a twin size bed and thus had more room. Not rocket science.

irishtom29

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Isn't there a cult of desert dwelling single women in Lazy Daze class Cs?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Solo Women Travellers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS