|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Vent Stack Covers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
j.robinson389

SW Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/19 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This has probably been covered before, but since it was such a common search term it quickly became a daunting task so here I am.

We bought our first camper last winter and after it's first trip out, I am now missing 2 of my 3 vent stack caps. I was very careful where we drove, so I am think they were so brittle the wind took them. My main question is: is it okay to replace just the cap and not the base as well? If so, is any one familiar with a cap that fits this style of base? It looks different than most that I have seen that are held on by two metal tangs.

[image]

Lwiddis

Near USFS Glass Creek CG, Inyo County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No picture.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

j.robinson389 wrote:

This has probably been covered before, but since it was such a common search term it quickly became a daunting task so here I am.

We bought our first camper last winter and after it's first trip out, I am now missing 2 of my 3 vent stack caps. I was very careful where we drove, so I am think they were so brittle the wind took them. My main question is: is it okay to replace just the cap and not the base as well? If so, is any one familiar with a cap that fits this style of base? It looks different than most that I have seen that are held on by two metal tangs.

Your link won't load.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Yeti plus

S.W. Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/11/19 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost 3 or 4 of the plastic replacement caps on the TC. I kept thinking a low hanging branch caught them. I was in an RV parts store and spotted a solid metal vent. Bought it , installed it 4 years ago and it is still there. It is this type. metal vent
This is from Amazon's Canadian site so I am sure you can get the same thing from the U.S.A site.
Brian

2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Download that image to your computer and use this app to create an image link.

buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Replace all with galvanized metal one and you don't have any problem again.

2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,14750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.

joegray

British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost both vent cap tops. The plastic dried up and broke. I bought the spring clip vent caps. The little spring clips fit down the vent and hold the cap on tight. Have had mine on for about 4 years with no problems. They are cheap and don't require scraping the old base and sealant off.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Vent Stack Covers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS