RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: On line source for Lifeline batteries?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > On line source for Lifeline batteries?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
S Davis

Western WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/11/19 10:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone purchased lifeline batteries on line? Looking for a reliable source.

Thanks

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/11/19 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shipping is eveything

San Diego Battery

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just ordered 2 GPL31T from Pasco/Stein battery.... they priced matched a guy about an hour away.. when I went to pick them up, they had ordered 2 of the GPL31XT by mistake....

I told them they were different, but they gave them to me for the same cost...paid $320.00 ea
Great people to deal with.

Amazon was showing them at $474.00


Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet


Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For installations, I always get a bid from:
www.powerstridebattery.com

Matt


Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.


MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really endorse your decision to seek the reputation of a seller of AGM batteries. Too many complaints of batteries of old stock showing 12.50 volts or less. It's a vendor's responsibility to ensure they are vending a maintained product. IMHO you are purchasing the best and the 'best' will easily last 600 full range cycles which translates to what...10-years of vacation boondocking, minimum? Lifeline has their act together with their online user manual. I am rigid with my own 31 about maintenance and it has paid off handsomely.

parkdep

Lapeer Michgan USA

Senior Member

Joined: 11/17/2004

View Profile



Posted: 06/12/19 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Life Line Batteries


">

S Davis

Western WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 02:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

parkdep wrote:

Life Line Batteries


Doesn't look like they stock the 4D and 8D that I am looking for.

S Davis

Western WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/12/19 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am trying to decide on either two 8Ds or two 4Ds, if I do the 4D I would have room to add two more at a later date.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/19 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't done this but it might be a wise idea to divide $ by amp hours and see if there's a valid difference between the two BCI sizes.

Four 4-D's make sense. Suddenly the last 20% of charging means not 10 amps but a 40 amp charge rate. This makes the running of a generator much more valid. With my wet Rolls batteries 100 amperes is quite near where the specific gravity readings tell me to revert to float. And that is = to 2,800 watts.

Weight, space, and initial cost are the counterpoints and with AGM it is vital that the first 90% of your charge regimen reaches 20% of total amp hour capacity of the bank IF THE BATTERIES ARE DRAWN DOWN to 50% amp hours remaining. Means discharging to deep cycle exercise. This high amperage can be reduced to 10% if recharging occurs when remaining ampere hours total 60% of total capacity. Around 75% remaining amp hours the necessity of a minimum amperage recharge vanishes but the bank requires a full recharge every 2 weeks or so.

A 36 amp Megawatt feeding off a small 1000 watt generator for 5 hours will take the sting out of this top charging. Let the gen run out of gas as a foolproof timer. Any time the regular onboard charger dips below 40 amps charge, revert to the Megawatt and tiny generator and save a lot of money in fuel. This only happens when top charging.

I am presently residing in a stick and brick house. My consumption of electrical averaged over 24 hours ia NINETY SEVEN WATTS

S Davis

Western WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/11/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/13/19 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

I haven't done this but it might be a wise idea to divide $ by amp hours and see if there's a valid difference between the two BCI sizes.

Four 4-D's make sense. Suddenly the last 20% of charging means not 10 amps but a 40 amp charge rate. This makes the running of a generator much more valid. With my wet Rolls batteries 100 amperes is quite near where the specific gravity readings tell me to revert to float. And that is = to 2,800 watts.

Weight, space, and initial cost are the counterpoints and with AGM it is vital that the first 90% of your charge regimen reaches 20% of total amp hour capacity of the bank IF THE BATTERIES ARE DRAWN DOWN to 50% amp hours remaining. Means discharging to deep cycle exercise. This high amperage can be reduced to 10% if recharging occurs when remaining ampere hours total 60% of total capacity. Around 75% remaining amp hours the necessity of a minimum amperage recharge vanishes but the bank requires a full recharge every 2 weeks or so.

A 36 amp Megawatt feeding off a small 1000 watt generator for 5 hours will take the sting out of this top charging. Let the gen run out of gas as a foolproof timer. Any time the regular onboard charger dips below 40 amps charge, revert to the Megawatt and tiny generator and save a lot of money in fuel. This only happens when top charging.

I am presently residing in a stick and brick house. My consumption of electrical averaged over 24 hours ia NINETY SEVEN WATTS


I am planning on using the 120amp charging from the truck and then using a Outback VFXR2812 that has a 125amp charger. Bulk charge at 14.4 from the truck and Honda 2200 watt gen or shore power and Outback for fully charging. So should I stick to just two of the 8D with a max 125amp charging rate?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > On line source for Lifeline batteries?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS