|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Smaller Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Johnny Hurryup

Tafton Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that the kids are gone, I'm looking for a smaller Class C. Something around 26 or 27 feet. Not brand new but only a few years old. I'm not crazy about those 2' x 3' showers. And the ones with only the full size corner beds with the cut-off end isn't practical for me. Any suggestions??

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does it need to be a C? Several small class A’s in or close to that length. Not sure you’re gonna find units that short with a bigger shower. Take a look at the Winnebago Outlook C Class - 27D.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like our 2004 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q, 27 feet long RV Queen bed access on left side and end. Huge rear cargo storage space with spare tire in back. No slides, basic, fits all spaces. 26Q was discontinued a few years back, many for sale used. Same 26Q model also sold as Fleetwood Jamboree, only differences were upholstery.

* This post was edited 06/12/19 01:08pm by Bordercollie *

Islandman

NW Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a look at a used Coach House on the Ford V10 chassis, they are well built and hold their value very well. The factory in western Florida has used units that they will sell at reasonable prices; trade-ins from people who have lots of money and always want to keep up with the Jones! Their 27 ft units have lots of room and the shower is very good (along with all the other stuff).

jeffcarp

Des Moines, IA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I feel like Phoenix Cruiser offers the best variety of bed options in motorhomes under 27 ft.

2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

pushtoy 2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thor makes a 25- 27 Ft. A class with some great floor plans it is VAGES and AXIS on a ford V10 chassis

Cobra21

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found that the tiny shower works best for me if I sit down on that seat portion. I'm 6'3", standing in that shower is what I would call roughing it but it gets the job done.
Brian

Moose and Squirel

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2015 Itasca Navion, (Winnebago View). Bought it used, 26 ft with 2 twins in the rear, small slide.. They also make one with a Murphy bed that has hughe counter space. Mercedise diesel engine, 15 mpg. We love it! it is perfect for us. We are not big people. My son in law who is 6'4 would not be comfortable in it. Good quality. Thor makes a wanna-be, but I'd stay away from Thor.

BillHoughton

West of the Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 23-foot 2006 Itasca Navion has a decently sized shower (I've never measured it, but I don't have to be a contortionist to use it). The beds are a fold-out sofa and a fold-down table, side exit in both cases.

We like the length because it's right below the cutoff point for a lot of things: some ferries we've been on won't accept any RV longer than 24 feet, for instance; and a lot of parks and RV places charge more for spaces for longer units. And I can park it in a supermarket parking lot, as long as the lot's got facing spaces without parking blocks.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to agree with Bordercollie,a smaller one like his and mine seems perfect.I looked for quite awhile for mine then I went to the Rental Market and found one .Not a bad choice great price,service records and it has been well maintained.

You might look there as an alternative.My Son in laws brother has a Majestic28A ,a retired Cruise America RV it has a separate shower area that is fairly large and a large rear cargo space plus a walk around bed.
[image]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Smaller Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS