RV.Net Open Roads Forum: dded a new toy to the RV fun equation...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> dded a new toy to the RV fun equation...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/19 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ever since I replaced my old folding motorcycle trailer with a nice 6 X 10' cargo trailer a year ago I have been searching for the perfect buggy to take off road. Finally found it and brought it home today:

[image]

It is a 2017 Polaris RZR 570 and comes with just 1,700 miles, and all of the bells and whistles {power steering, roof, storage bags - rear and overhead, 5 brand new tires and two years remaining on the extended- transferable warranty} in pristine, dare I say mint condition. Fits like a glove in the cargo trailer and tows like a dream.

Picked it up from a fellow senior citizen who had one too many buggies at a great price. Can't wait to start exploring some of the more remote locations and reexplore the likes of Moab, Sedona and the southern Rockies to name just a few.

[emoticon]

Lwiddis

Near USFS Glass Creek CG, Inyo County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’ll get you from Point A to Point B!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/19 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like you'll have plenty of fun! Where all did you search for these, besides Craigslist?
We're thinking to add a cargo trailer; what else do you carry on/ on it please?

Da Moose - 2001 Dutchman 31' on E450

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it just me? Every time I look at this picture it just screams "Tire is Backwards". Am I crazy?

pinesman

virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Based on my experience with directional truck tires and tractor tires, they are mounted backwards. They just need to be switched from one side to the other

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NO NO , he backs everywhere he goes !

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PartyOf Five wrote:

Looks like you'll have plenty of fun! Where all did you search for these, besides Craigslist?
We're thinking to add a cargo trailer; what else do you carry on/ on it please?

The internet makes the search/research fiarly easy, Google is your friend. When researching the cargo trailer I visited several dealerships both local and nationwide chains {Big Tex} and ultimately ended up buying from an RV dealer in Mesa. "Little Dealer Little Prices {I kid you not, that is their name [emoticon] }.

I switched to a cargo trailer from the folding Kendon when I moved up to my Indian Springfield as at 862# was just too much for the Kendon. Also I was looking for all the advantages of having my own private traveling garage everywhere I went. With the cargo I can move a lot of bulky RV stuff out of our 24'C and back into the trailer {chairs, site rug, BBQ, Firepit, LP Cylinder etc}.

E Track now makes joist hangers for any size of 2" X {4,6,8}. I used them to run two 2 X 6"s acrosss the front of the trailer and added a 3/4" shelf to the top one. The bottom one secures the BBQ, Firepit LP cylinder etc. Painted the interior and added a coat rack and 4,500 miles later it is all working pretty well.

[image]

I do have to watch the loading as a single axle trailer like mine will have more tongue weight than a tandem but the GVWR of the cargo being 2,990 provides ample capacity. With the bike and camping gear fully loaded the trailer weighs 2,220#. The RZR adds about 200# to that though I haven't had a chance to get to the CAT scale yet but will shortly.

Here is a shot taken last January on the Colorado River at Buckskin Mountain SP:

[image]

[emoticon]

* This post was edited 06/13/19 08:51am by Desert Captain *

folivier

Southeast Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 08:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice! I have a 2013 570 that fits into the bed of my extended cab Silverado and then towed behind my motorhome. Have been on some great rides all over.
Since you're in Arizona get it licensed for the streets. IIRC all you need are a horn, turn signals, and rearview mirror.
Enjoy!

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

folivier wrote:

Nice! I have a 2013 570 that fits into the bed of my extended cab Silverado and then towed behind my motorhome. Have been on some great rides all over.
Since you're in Arizona get it licensed for the streets. IIRC all you need are a horn, turn signals, and rearview mirror.
Enjoy!

Thanks! the original owner had it set up and licensed as street legal, 3 mirrors, a horn and arm signals eliminate the turn signal requirement. I am going to the DMV this morning to register it and get my plate. Our home, about 25 miles north of Tucson is located between two of the great off road riding areas here in southern Arizona, Rail X Ranch and the Charleau Gap. I can be in off road heaven in about 2 minutes without even loading the trailer.

[emoticon]

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great pics, thanks so much for sharing!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> dded a new toy to the RV fun equation...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS