|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/19 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gasoline is plummeting in case you haven't noticed. Cannot wait to see a Musk toaster with a bed on the back....

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Gasoline is plummeting in case you haven't noticed. Cannot wait to see a Musk toaster with a bed on the back....

Curious. What does gas plummeting mean and why is it relevant to Tesla.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/19 10:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

And it’s not even true!

I have not seen gas below $4/gal in the 3 states and Canada where I’ve just been to.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

And it’s not even true!

I have not seen gas below $4/gal in the 3 states and Canada where I’ve just been to.

Traveling the wrong direction there Yosemite. Just filled the car 2 days ago down here, $2.45/gal. Haven't seen 4 buck/gal gas here since 2008. Even diesel is below $3.00/gal.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why does anyone even remotely think there will be a pickup by the end of the year? There's another thread running about the Tesla semi, and it started over a year and a half ago, and there's still no semi. Why would the pickup be any different?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Why does anyone even remotely think there will be a pickup by the end of the year? There's another thread running about the Tesla semi, and it started over a year and a half ago, and there's still no semi. Why would the pickup be any different?

It’s not. But some confuse shareholders meetings full of hyperbole and trying to appease the deep pockets everything will be ok with reality. Anyone remotely familiar with automotive manufacturing knows what it takes to bring a vehicle from a drawing to full scale production.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

It’s not. But some confuse shareholders meetings full of hyperbole and trying to appease the deep pockets everything will be ok with reality. Anyone remotely familiar with automotive manufacturing knows what it takes to bring a vehicle from a drawing to full scale production.

I think the prototype will be out but I suspect production closer to 2021. A lot will have to do with cell production. The model Y will take priority. They are able to produce enough batteries per day for about a 1200 cars. Which is roughly what they are producing and selling. It will continue to creep up slowly.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

And it’s not even true!

Traveling the wrong direction there Yosemite. Just filled the car 2 days ago down here, $2.45/gal. Haven't seen 4 buck/gal gas here since 2008. Even diesel is below $3.00/gal.

So what it is before the Iran crisis, 99 cents?

If it was $7 before and now $2.45, then that would be plummeting.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

mich800 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

I think the prototype will be out but I suspect production closer to 2021. A lot will have to do with cell production. The model Y will take priority. They are able to produce enough batteries per day for about a 1200 cars. Which is roughly what they are producing and selling. It will continue to creep up slowly.

Trade magazines said Tesla has the fastest concept-to-market processes for car manufacturing.

They said, they’ve seen Model 3 jump from old fashioned manual assembly to robotics.

What they don’t understand is why they kept on just adding temporary garlic type temporary plants in Fremont when they have huge covered underutilized facility in Fremont. They are knocking down admin building reportedly for the semi or the pick up.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

mich800 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Trade magazines said Tesla has the fastest concept-to-market processes for car manufacturing.

They said, they’ve seen Model 3 jump from old fashioned manual assembly to robotics.

What they don’t understand is why they kept on just adding temporary garlic type temporary plants in Fremont when they have huge covered underutilized facility in Fremont. They are knocking down admin building reportedly for the semi or the pick up.

There is a big difference between concept to market when the the first consumer receives a legit final product. Not a work in progress beta tester. It cannot be denied Teala follows the later philosophy.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS