|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

mich800 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Why does anyone even remotely think there will be a pickup by the end of the year? There's another thread running about the Tesla semi, and it started over a year and a half ago, and there's still no semi. Why would the pickup be any different?

It’s not. But some confuse shareholders meetings full of hyperbole and trying to appease the deep pockets everything will be ok with reality. Anyone remotely familiar with automotive manufacturing knows what it takes to bring a vehicle from a drawing to full scale production.

I think the prototype will be out but I suspect production closer to 2021. A lot will have to do with cell production. The model Y will take priority. They are able to produce enough batteries per day for about a 1200 cars. Which is roughly what they are producing and selling. It will continue to creep up slowly.

Trade magazines said Tesla has the fastest concept-to-market processes for car manufacturing.

They said, they’ve seen Model 3 jump from old fashioned manual assembly to robotics.

What they don’t understand is why they kept on just adding temporary garlic type temporary plants in Fremont when they have huge covered underutilized facility in Fremont. They are knocking down admin building reportedly for the semi or the pick up.

There is a big difference between concept to market when the the first consumer receives a legit final product. Not a work in progress beta tester. It cannot be denied Teala follows the later philosophy.

Oh it can definetly be denied...and even called BS. The model S and X have been in production for years with hundreds of thousands of happy customers. The model 3 already has about 300 thousand on the road again with lots of happy customers and excellent ratings. But feel free to make stuff up. [emoticon]

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Oh it can definetly be denied...and even called BS. The model S and X have been in production for years with hundreds of thousands of happy customers. The model 3 already has about 300 thousand on the road again with lots of happy customers and excellent ratings. But feel free to make stuff up. [emoticon]

Where did I say they have not produced vehicles? Re-read what I wrote. I will give you an example. Rear bumpers flying off Model 3's in the rain. Do you know how to fix that before production? Testing like the other manufactures do. But Tesla puts them in consumers hands and says, let us know what breaks and we will modify as we go.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Where did I say they have not produced vehicles? Re-read what I wrote. I will give you an example. Rear bumpers flying off Model 3's in the rain. Do you know how to fix that before production? Testing like the other manufactures do. But Tesla puts them in consumers hands and says, let us know what breaks and we will modify as we go.

Uh huh. And this kinda stuff never happens with any of the garbage that comes out of Detroit. Where would one even start.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

mich800 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Uh huh. And this kinda stuff never happens with any of the garbage that comes out of Detroit. Where would one even start.

I understand you have no automotive experience and there is nothing wrong with that. Going from CAD to production simply leads to quality issues. Quality is not one of Tesla's strong suites. You can be a fan but don't let that skew your critical thinking. I like the vehicles. But I also recognize the issues they need to address if they want to be a manufacturer that can scale their operations without sacrificing quality.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/19 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

mich800 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

And Tesla has the lowest defect rate even compared against the veteran car makers in Detroit besting the quality freak Toyota.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

mich800 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

And Tesla has the lowest defect rate even compared against the veteran car makers in Detroit besting the quality freak Toyota.

ROTFLMAO, Stop with the lies Elon!

Consumer Reports wrote:

Consumer Reports has announced that it is removing its coveted “recommended” rating for the Tesla Model 3 based on “declining reliability.” The publication said new “reliability data” on the Model 3 prompted the change.

You fan boi's crack me up!

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Do you have a cite for that data? Bonus points if it's JD Power.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/19 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Do you have a cite for that data? Bonus points if it's JD Power.

More than likely he is going to quote Teslarati or insideEV's. Maybe even Tusk himself! LOL

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/19 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

And after 43 years Ford still can't produce a vehicle that won't take off on its own. lol

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/19 11:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

A couple of owners reported it happening a year ago.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS