|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 11:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

mich800 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Oh it can definetly be denied...and even called BS. The model S and X have been in production for years with hundreds of thousands of happy customers. The model 3 already has about 300 thousand on the road again with lots of happy customers and excellent ratings. But feel free to make stuff up. [emoticon]

Where did I say they have not produced vehicles? Re-read what I wrote. I will give you an example. Rear bumpers flying off Model 3's in the rain. Do you know how to fix that before production? Testing like the other manufactures do. But Tesla puts them in consumers hands and says, let us know what breaks and we will modify as we go.

A couple of owners reported it happening a year ago.

"A couple of owners" LOL

This was a design problem and it affects ALL model 3's.

In short the rear bumper facia was designed as a bathtub and had no way to drain water. So what did it do? Fill up and fell off! LMAO.

Then we have the front belly pan collect........f dirt and sand. Another design defect.

Yes a design issue, not a manufacturing issue. Like no other manufacturers ever have design issues with production vehicles.

Then don't try and downplay it and say "a couple of owners"

Much like the LB7 injector problem this will effect every M3 in wet weather. The rear bumper facia was designed as a scoop. It will hold water and fall off if it fills with water.

This is only one design problem. You want me to list more; because there is LOTS more.

Sure, list them. I’m not a Tesla booster but can’t help but wonder why you hate them so much.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 11:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well it looks like this thread has replaced the old Tesla thread.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 05:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m sure a booster with my Tesla stocks, my daughter’s Model X and my plan to buy their pick up.

But let me put a positive spin.

Thank you for warning us about the pitfalls and issues of Tesla cars and that nut case genius Elon Musk.

MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I’m sure a booster with my Tesla stocks, my daughter’s Model X and my plan to buy their pick up.

But let me put a positive spin.

Thank you for warning us about the pitfalls and issues of Tesla cars and that nut case genius Elon Musk.

With this guy leading the pack ... yes Tesla has accomplished a LOT. Give him credit for that. Electric cars are still less than 3% of worldwide sales...

But stuff like this just makes shareholders wonder.

click

And even though I'm not one for dwelling too much on the past, let's recall his twitter war with that guy who saved a kid from a cave (Elon calling him a pedo). Elon's tweeting earned him a lawsuit that is ongoing.

These are the kinds of things that "typical" CEO's don't do. Elon is not a typical CEO. And yes, some of the things he said can be easily construed as lies. (you'll note I don't actually CALL them lies, this guy has a record of suing people who disagree with him).

Aside from all that - Tesla's quality is improving. It's just a shame the car company itself gets a different image.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla fan boys are no different than irrational fan boy of any other brand. They only see what they want to see which is only the positive of their favorite brand, and refuse to see anything negative. And if anyone interjects any reality into the debate that they perceive as negative about their favorite, then you are labeled as fake news.

Every brand, every truck, every company has pros and cons. If you refuse to see that then you are a idiotic kool-aid drinking fan boy. You can't only want talk about the pros while refusing to believe the cons, and visa versa. That is what suppose to happen in a forum, discussing the good an bad.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Musk is a bit of an oddball with an ego the size of Texas but maybe that’s what you need if you are trying to change the world. If EV’s are the coming thing, he is going to be up against some of the biggest corporations in the the world, so he has no choice but to be innovative and go big or go home. I’m not sure the financials will work without ICE production to bankroll his EV development but I give him credit for trying to do something no one else has. He has almost single handedly pushed the industry into what may be the biggest change in its history.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Musk is a bit of an oddball with an ego the size of Texas but maybe that’s what you need if you are trying to change the world. If EV’s are the coming thing, he is going to be up against some of the biggest corporations in the the world, so he has no choice but to be innovative and go big or go home. I’m not sure the financials will work without ICE production to bankroll his EV development but I give him credit for trying to do something no one else has. He has almost single handedly pushed the industry into what may be the biggest change in its history.

They definetly face some strong headwinds. It is the most hated company in America both by the general public and certainly corporate America. Most want to see them either bankrupt or at minimum have them move out of the country. I think there survival will depend on wether they can stick around long enough to get more factories in Europe and Asia up and running. Then they can shut down manufacturing operations in the US and just import. I would think they have about 5 years to get it done. GM will be going back to the tax payer teet soon enough to get all new EV factories in the US and Canada. They are still too big to fail although they are losing market share fast.

I think the Rivian pickup will be in limited production first with Tesla coming later but in greater quantity as they have the battery capacity in development.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its amazing how someone can make disparaging comments about GM without facts.

GM is committed to have 20 EV models by 2023. And I do not think they are doing this just because Elon. They had an EV vehicle last century!

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2014 Express 3500 (Code named "BIG ED" by daughters)
previous 2011 Silverado 2500HD CC (6.0, 3.73)
prior 2001 Yukon XL (8.1L, 4.10)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
previous - 2002 Dutchmen 31BH4DSL

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

Its amazing how someone can make disparaging comments about GM without facts.

GM is committed to have 20 EV models by 2023. And I do not think they are doing this just because Elon. They had an EV vehicle last century!

Like it or not, Tesla is the benchmark in EV’s. They are ahead of everyone else in range and performance. They have been at it longer so that shouldn’t be surprising and will be unlikely to change until more companies start designing EV’s from the ground up instead of adapting existing ICE platforms.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

They have been at it longer so that shouldn’t be surprising and will be unlikely to change until more companies start designing EV’s from the ground up instead of adapting existing ICE platforms.

There were others before Tesla. Tesla has defined the market.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS