|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While Tesla's have been the benchmark in EV's motors and batteries, they are not even closes when it comes to vehicle quality. Many may argue that they are the worst in this department among all vehicles brands. In my view, Tesla should have been like Cummins. Producing powertrains for other vehicle manufacturers that have more experience and knowledge(and better quality) in these areas.

However, a lot of Tesla's income comes from selling carbon credits to other manufacturers which they lobby for according to an article I read. The government forces other manufacturers to buy hundreds of millions of dollars worth of these credits which causes the prices for their products to go up. So essentially Tesla makes a lot of its money on the backs ICE vehicle buyers and continues to lobby the government to increase these regulations so they can make more money. With this and all of the other tax breaks, I can see why people hate them so much.

In Q1 2019 alone, they made over $200 million from these credits. Pretty smart if you ask me. Get a couple congressman on your payroll to come up with a scheme to get your competitors to pay you. Sounds very much like the scheme the previous administration had with EPA lawsuits where the EPA would sue someone one taxpayer dime, and force them to pay the fine to a special interest group instead of back to the taxpayers or to the people who were actually effected by the lawsuit.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

While Tesla's have been the benchmark in EV's motors and batteries, they are not even closes when it comes to vehicle quality. Many may argue that they are the worst in this department among all vehicles brands. In my view, Tesla should have been like Cummins. Producing powertrains for other vehicle manufacturers that have more experience and knowledge(and better quality) in these areas.

However, a lot of Tesla's income comes from selling carbon credits to other manufacturers which they lobby for according to an article I read. The government forces other manufacturers to buy hundreds of millions of dollars worth of these credits which causes the prices for their products to go up. So essentially Tesla makes a lot of its money on the backs ICE vehicle buyers and continues to lobby the government to increase these regulations so they can make more money. With this and all of the other tax breaks, I can see why people hate them so much.

In Q1 2019 alone, they made over $200 million from these credits. Pretty smart if you ask me. Get a couple congressman on your payroll to come up with a scheme to get your competitors to pay you. Sounds very much like the scheme the previous administration had with EPA lawsuits where the EPA would sue someone one taxpayer dime, and force them to pay the fine to a special interest group instead of back to the taxpayers.

200 million is cheap. Tax payers fork over billions to companies like GM just so they can get thru the latest recession.

As far as quality goes. I haven’t seen anything from any mainstream manufacturer that’s any better, certainly not GM. Complete junk.

Of course, JMHO.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

200 million is cheap. Tax payers fork over billions to companies like GM just so they can get thru the latest recession.

As far as quality goes. I haven’t seen anything from any mainstream manufacturer that’s any better, certainly not GM. Complete junk.

Of course, JMHO.

Both Chrysler and GM repaid those loans, but nice deflection.

And as far as quality goes, Tesla Model 3 is on par with a Yugo according the Consumer Reports and many others.

danrclem

Ky.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

In Q1 2019 alone, they made over $200 million from these credits. Pretty smart if you ask me. Get a couple congressman on your payroll to come up with a scheme to get your competitors to pay you. Sounds very much like the scheme the previous administration had with EPA lawsuits where the EPA would sue someone one taxpayer dime, and force them to pay the fine to a special interest group instead of back to the taxpayers or to the people who were actually effected by the lawsuit.

I did not know this. That in itself is a reason to hate them. I have to wonder if Al Gore is involved in this. This country is going down into a deep spiral.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Of course, JMHO.

Both Chrysler and GM repaid those loans, but nice deflection.

And as far as quality goes, Tesla Model 3 is on par with a Yugo according the Consumer Reports and many others.

Nope, they didn’t. But nice deflection. Google Canada writes off GM and Chrysler loans.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

danrclem wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

I did not know this. That in itself is a reason to hate them. I have to wonder if Al Gore is involved in this. This country is going down into a deep spiral.

So it’s just Tesla you have a problem with selling these credits. So if a company like GM or Ford sells one (they can) that’s alright?

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes that latest sale of credits was in the news recently.

2006 GMC 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only thing specific to Tesla was a loan early on that was repaid ahead of schedule.
The rest of the credits are industry wide with all companies having same eligibility.
Best to hate them all... or write to your Congress representative.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Nope, they didn’t. But nice deflection. Google Canada writes off GM and Chrysler loans.

I don't care what GM or Chrysler does in Canada since I don't live there and the the topic is not about them so bringing them up just because someone says something negative about Tesla in this thread is a deflection. I would be more than happy to discuss them in a thread about GM and Chrysler loans, but this thread is about Tesla.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

I don't care what GM or Chrysler does in Canada since I don't live there and the the topic is not about them so bringing them up just because someone says something negative about Tesla in this thread is a deflection. I would be more than happy to discuss them in a thread about GM and Chrysler loans, but this thread is about Tesla.

Ok. Here’s the American bill. Happy deflecting.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.fool.com........3/09/15/why-gm-still-owes-taxpayers.aspx

And puleeze, don’t talk about GM and quality in the same sentence.

Again. JMHO.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS