|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yah. Justify it anyway you feel warm and fuzzy with it. Still a leech on the taxpayers dime.

Yes, and if you want to discuss it then start a thread about it. This one is about Tesla hence the reason why I was only discussing Tesla and not trying to deflect their issues by talking about a brand that is not the threads topic.

Yes. You should do that. You did after all start comparing Tesla quality to others sooooo.

Again. All JMHO.

Why? I am not the one deflecting the issues to GM or Chrylser in a thread about Tesla. You are.

I am only discussing Tesla which is what this thread's topic is about.

Your deflecting again. [emoticon].

[image]

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yah. Justify it anyway you feel warm and fuzzy with it. Still a leech on the taxpayers dime.

Yes, and if you want to discuss it then start a thread about it. This one is about Tesla hence the reason why I was only discussing Tesla and not trying to deflect their issues by talking about a brand that is not the threads topic.

Yes. You should do that. You did after all start comparing Tesla quality to others sooooo.

Again. All JMHO.

Why? I am not the one deflecting the issues to GM or Chrylser in a thread about Tesla. You are.

I am only discussing Tesla which is what this thread's topic is about.

Your deflecting again. [emoticon].

[image]

Okay. I’m giving you this one. That’s funny...and it was a good movie. [emoticon]

Cheers, safe travels to you and yours on the road.

Time to put this to bed.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think we need a Diesel vs Electric thread [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

And Tesla has the lowest defect rate even compared against the veteran car makers in Detroit besting the quality freak Toyota.

Are you going to post a link to this or do you just post fake news? Lets see the link if it's true.

Here's my link big boy. Tesla is garbage

You're up to bat YS!

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tesla's randomly catch on fire.

This is great! I can't wait until the "Tesla pickup comes out in the 4th quarter 2019"! Is it going to come standard with a halon system for your garage?

These things are going to start melting down like a piece of gum on a sidewalk in Phoenix.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

The “Cyberpunk” Tesla Pickup “Hopefully” Will Be Unveiled This Summer
It will meet or exceed the F-150’s tow rating, says Elon Musk.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/cyberpunk-tesla-pickup-hopefully-will-unveiled-summer/

[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

danrclem

Ky.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

danrclem wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

While Tesla's have been the benchmark in EV's motors and batteries, they are not even closes when it comes to vehicle quality. Many may argue that they are the worst in this department among all vehicles brands. In my view, Tesla should have been like Cummins. Producing powertrains for other vehicle manufacturers that have more experience and knowledge(and better quality) in these areas.

However, a lot of Tesla's income comes from selling carbon credits to other manufacturers which they lobby for according to an article I read. The government forces other manufacturers to buy hundreds of millions of dollars worth of these credits which causes the prices for their products to go up. So essentially Tesla makes a lot of its money on the backs ICE vehicle buyers and continues to lobby the government to increase these regulations so they can make more money. With this and all of the other tax breaks, I can see why people hate them so much.

In Q1 2019 alone, they made over $200 million from these credits. Pretty smart if you ask me. Get a couple congressman on your payroll to come up with a scheme to get your competitors to pay you. Sounds very much like the scheme the previous administration had with EPA lawsuits where the EPA would sue someone one taxpayer dime, and force them to pay the fine to a special interest group instead of back to the taxpayers or to the people who were actually effected by the lawsuit.

I did not know this. That in itself is a reason to hate them. I have to wonder if Al Gore is involved in this. This country is going down into a deep spiral.

So it’s just Tesla you have a problem with selling these credits. So if a company like GM or Ford sells one (they can) that’s alright?

Being able to sell carbon credits is not right no matter who does it. Does GM and Ford sell carbon credits? If they do I oppose that also.

EVs are far from pollution free but they are the darlings of the MSM.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazing how this group has gone down hill over the years.
All this arguing back and forth started by a truck that does not exist on the market yet.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chrysler and GM both received pre bankruptcy funding. That money was discharged in bankruptcy.

GM received bankruptcy funding and per the deal, was repaid. Taxpayers didn't receive dollar for dollar.

Chrysler should have been broken up and pieces sold. Instead, it was GIVEN to a foreign auto maker in exchange for promises, that were largely never satisfied in spirit.

Both had their massive loans discharged in the bankruptcy process.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/18/18682633/simone-giertz-tesla-model-3-pickup

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS