|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> rv extension cord

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW, my extension cord resides in the same milk crate as the OEM cord, 30/50 dog bone and various other adapters. Also, if I can find one, I'm going to buy a screw-type 90 degree dog bone adapter that has a standard 4-prong female plug on the other end and only use the Camco extension cord, since it's so much more flexible.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

BubbaChris

St George Utah

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/19 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We mooch-dock at a friend's house about every other year. They are kind enough to let us tap the 15A circuit by their front door. But it is way too far for our RV cable to reach, so I'm adding 12 gauge extension cords to bridge the gap.

I still put my Southwire surge guard in line between the RV cord and the 15A extension cords we use. We've had the voltage drop enough to trip the surge guard (not even trying to run the AC).

A 25' RV cord sounds like a good length to help you reach but not risk going too far.

Best regards,
Chris

2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My three cents. In all the years of traveling here and there, we have only needed an extra few feet i would say less than half dozen times. We have a 50 amp, with only one a/c, I have a 30 amp shore power cord that I use when traveling, also have one 25 foot 30 amp extension cord, plus one 25 foot heavy 12 gauge cord that I have only needed a couple times, that was to help with someone else needing power when dry camping. I would get one 30 amp extension cord or a heavy 25 foot regular extension cord to use for battery, lights, and misc. stuff. you can run fridge and water heater on gas to keep load to a minimum. While traveling, but may not handle a/c. If storage can be an issue, the smaller of the two should work. OR, you can always wait until you need it, run on battery for the night if you have to, that's why we have fully self contained units. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best thing is to get a 25 ft. extension. You won;t need it until you need it. About once a year we will land in a site that we are a couple of feet short of the pedestal.

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> rv extension cord
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS