|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Upset with Bass Pro mail order

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perhaps you should stop ordering from Bass Pro Shop if they continue to make the same mistake.

I've placed 39 orders with Amazon so far this year. Of those 39, 4 that I can remember were not delivered as promised. Of those 4, 2 of them were Amazon's fault. One was shipped by a carrier that couldn't possibly deliver it to me on time since Saturday delivery isn't available by UPS in my area. The second was a fault with the Amazon delivery driver for a package I had sent to my nephew (Amazon does local deliveries where he lives).

I still order with Amazon even after those mistakes. The 35 orders I have placed that have been without error keep me coming back. If I had more like 20 problems, I might re-think it.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mgirardo wrote:

Perhaps you should stop ordering from Bass Pro Shop if they continue to make the same mistake....
-Michael

Consider it done. Altho not for the miniscule shipping value i 'lost', but for their attitude from "Customer Service".

I havent done much with Amazon in the last few years, but they sure sound like they are doing it Right. Gonna remember them the next time I need something from online. Hattip to those in this thread that reminded me of them.

A good friend of mine that spent a career in retail loves to say :
"Good customer service drives sales. And Poor customer service drives sales down the street."

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW I do most of my shopping, if I can, from Ebay. Usually the same price, or cheaper, than Amazon, usually free shipping, and I don't pay any sales tax. Amazon wasn't bad until they started charging sales tax.

And I've had no issues with Ebay, but that's only been about 10-15 orders this year. Amazon has priced itself out of my buying. Too much stuff is cheaper elsewhere, and sometimes by a substantial amount.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About the only thing I get from Bass Pro is Black widow telescoping fishing rods and .. When I buy them I get 'em MALE order not MAIL order.. (Means I walk in and buy in store and carry them out) Instant delivery.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anybody else remember the first thing they ordered delivered to their home? How was the service?

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Anybody else remember the first thing they ordered delivered to their home? How was the service?

omg. Too many years ago. Probably something from the back of a comic book.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe the little spy camera? Your comment brought back memories. I even sent cash in the mail,coins taped to a piece of cardboard.

* This post was edited 06/20/19 11:33am by an administrator/moderator *

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shoot, I bought the Marvel Comics Club membership. Came with a membership card and everything. This was back in the 60's.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

I got paid for haying on the next farm. Counted again, yes enough. Fill out the order form real careful got to make sure all the numbers are right. Address the envelope, but don't seal. Not enough money to buy gas,* so ride bicycle 12 miles on gravel roads to Post Office. Buy the PO money order and stamp. 2 weeks later a package came from J C Whitney and I had a new set of rings and gasket set for my '39 Chevy!
*As long as I used it on or for the farm, I could gas out of the farm tank. If I drove to town because I wanted to go to town I had to put a dollars worth of gas in while there.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Upset with Bass Pro mail order
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS